My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Antenna Power

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

walkleader

I have recently purchased a YouView DTR T1000 to replace my 9200T and to my dismay found that I could not get a signal from my aerial socket because there is no antenna power facility in the menu selections as there was with the 9200T. What can I do?

| Wed 14 Nov 2012 10:14:34 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Yes there is such an option. It is called RF LoopThrough under Youview -> Settings -> Device Management

Edit: Sorry, you actually mean a power supply to send back to a mast-head amp? Yes that feature is one of the missing ones. You could keep the 9200T installed and used that to send power back to the aerial and daisy-chain the aerial signal onto the DTR-T1000.

| Wed 14 Nov 2012 10:37:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

walkleader

Thanks very much, yes, I have already done that, and all is O.K for now. However, I presume I could purchase a small 12v 100ma masthead power supply available from the likes of Amazon,then I can remove the 9200T, do you agree?

| Wed 14 Nov 2012 11:07:37 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

walkleader - 21 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks very much, yes, I have already done that, and all is O.K for now. However, I presume I could purchase a small 12v 100ma masthead power supply available from the likes of Amazon,then I can remove the 9200T, do you agree?

Yes that will work fine. The power supply must be the first item in the downlead from the aerial.

| Wed 14 Nov 2012 11:30:08 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

walkleader

Thank you Graham

| Wed 14 Nov 2012 11:39:24 #5 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

walkleader - 1 hour ago  » 

One problem here is that the supply from the 9200 is 5 volts so can I assume from that your mast head amplifier requires a 5 volt supply? If that is the case then installing a 12 volt supply will not be good for its health. It may be that the mast head amplifier will accept a range of voltage without damage but you need to check the amplifier specifications.

| Wed 14 Nov 2012 13:01:26 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Biggles - 1 minute ago  » 

walkleader - 1 hour ago  » 

One problem here is that the supply from the 9200 is 5 volts so can I assume from that your mast head amplifier requires a 5 volt supply? If that is the case then installing a 12 volt supply will not be good for its health. It may be that the mast head amplifier will accept a range of voltage without damage but you need to check the amplifier specifications.

Most (if not all) will work with 5-12V power. It's Sky magic eyes that have the rather odd 9V power requirement.

| Wed 14 Nov 2012 13:05:06 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.