My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

ANTENNA SHORT CIRCUIT

(20 posts)
  1. Italianstallion

Italianstallion

Hello all,
    i've had my hdr fox box for two months and a new message came up. "antenna has a short circuit".
    could not get rid of message even after i disconnected all aerial leads, played with settings.
    only way to get rid of message was to switch off box at mains and restart but have lost all my recording schedules which has ***** me off.

has anyone had this problem ?

| Tue 3 Apr 2012 20:25:19 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Welcome to the forum. This normally means that antennae power has been turned on in the menus and you don't have an amplifier and a fault has occured on your coax connections (normally a whisker of screen has touched the core in a badly fitted Belling Lee Aerial plug). It's telling you that the power supply intended to power an amplifier has tried to provide too much current due to a short circuit and has current limited to protect your box. The power off is required to reset the protection circuit. Not sure why you lost your recording schedules.

| Tue 3 Apr 2012 23:08:12 #2 |
  3. Italianstallion

Italianstallion

thank you

| Thu 5 Apr 2012 18:24:06 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Italianstallion - 5 minutes ago  » 
    thank you

If you have antenna power on and you don't need it turn it off. Some simple aerial designs in fact are a short circuit to DC. (Just a loop of aluminium connecting screen to core - a folding dipole)

| Thu 5 Apr 2012 18:31:03 #4 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 
    If you have antenna power on and you don't need it turn it off. Some simple aerial designs in fact are a short circuit to DC. (Just a loop of aluminium connecting screen to core - a folding dipole)

Not just simple aerials, better quality aerials may have a balun built in and these, like mine, can be a short circuit to DC.

| Thu 5 Apr 2012 21:23:25 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

I had a new aerial fitted today, 100% signal tested by the engineer. All channels detected on Humax 2000T but now I get this same annoying short circuit message that flashed on and off very quick and now stays on all the time. The ariel fitter was scratching his head as to what it could be as the tv freeview had no problem receiving all it's channels.

| Fri 20 Nov 2015 23:30:41 #6 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

hubb - 20 minutes ago  » 
    I had a new aerial fitted today, 100% signal tested by the engineer. All channels detected on Humax 2000T but now I get this same annoying short circuit message that flashed on and off very quick and now stays on all the time. The ariel fitter was scratching his head as to what it could be as the tv freeview had no problem receiving all it's channels.

Find aerial power in menu and turn it OFF, presumably you are not powering a set top active aerial.

| Fri 20 Nov 2015 23:52:28 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

Biggles - 9 hours ago  » 

hubb - 20 minutes ago  » 

Find aerial power in menu and turn it OFF, presumably you are not powering a set top active aerial.

Thank you. That worked a treat.

| Sat 21 Nov 2015 9:01:47 #8 |
  9. Biggles

Biggles

special member

hubb - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thank you. That worked a treat.

Be aware that 'aerial power' is OFF by default so somewhere along the line you, or someone, must have switched it ON by mistake.

| Sat 21 Nov 2015 10:09:49 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

birdwoman

Hey my box is showing antenna short circuit I can not get into the settings to turn off the power to the antenna

| Tue 21 May 2019 13:37:35 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.