My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Any Ideas?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

L78

Hi all
    I bought a Humax 4000T a couple of months ago and I have had nothing but trouble - so I just wondered if you had any advice/ help before I either boot it out the window or try and take it back to the shop.

I have had nothing but problems from day one, after about a week it started corrupting every recording.
    It has now decided it won't connect to the internet either by ethernet cable or wirelessly.
    It crashed the other day and I couldn't get it to respond without turning all the power off etc.
    Yesterday it deleted all my scheduled recordings and now seems to have lost half of the EPG, it has no information listed for a lot of channels/days

I just don't know what to do anymore or why I am having so many problems.
    I have seen people having one of the above problems but I seem to be having all of them so any advice or help would be greatly appreciated but please bear in mind, I am not overly technical so please can you keep it as simple as possible?

Thank you again

| Tue 21 Jun 2016 18:46:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Sounds like ytou need to reutrn it for a replacement unit ?

| Tue 21 Jun 2016 19:42:24 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

L78

Thanks. Think I just needed someone to confirm I hadn't missed something really obvious somewhere. Looks like returning it, it is!

| Tue 21 Jun 2016 20:25:22 #3 |
  4. graham uk

graham uk

special member

L78. New FVP4000T Freeview last week. Had a few of your problems.
    My dealer has agreed to replace my 4000T later this week.

HUMAX After over 10 years experience producing TV Recorders, It's as if they are new to the game.Just don't understand just how bad this produce is.

graham uk

| Tue 21 Jun 2016 20:38:35 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

L78

This is my first one so I have nothing else to judge them but but so far, it's not good.

Funnily enough I've come home tonight and the Internet and EPG is back.

Maybe it knew it was under threat of eviction and decided to behave!

| Tue 21 Jun 2016 20:44:20 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

graham uk - 26 minutes ago  » ...HUMAX After over 10 years experience producing TV Recorders...

The fundamental problem is that Humax are no longer producing TV recorders in the full sense of that function. Both the Freesat-Freetime and Freeview-Play boxes are a joint operation between Humax and their partners. Humax build the h/w to a spec set out by either of the Freesat partnership or the Freeview DTV Services partnership. These partners develop the s/w and provide it to Humax. Although I'm thinking that with all the problems on both products Humax must be getting sucked in deeper into bug fixing, and no doubt regretting they ever went down that route. I've worked on both the h/w and s/w side of the high volume electronics business and I can vouch that the model Humax have adopted is a recipe for big problems. Neither side fully understands the end product and inevitably blames the other for problems. The end result is exactly as you see it now.

| Tue 21 Jun 2016 21:16:08 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.