My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Anyone Linked Successfuly to a ReadyNas?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

smithgor

My trio of failed features (Remote Recording & Flikr to date) continues with Media Streaming.

I have a (not new) ReadyNas Duo on which I have backed up all my photos, videos & music. The DNLA & iPlayer streaming is activated and it works fine with other devices to locate and stream files.

The Humax 1010S finds the ReadyNas on the network and I can drill down through folders to individual files.

Then the problems start - take photos for example:- Most individual files will not open. A few do and for a second I get the slideshow caption and play arrow. If I'm quick I can press play before the caption disappears but it doesn't do anything.

Maybe someone has successfully and reliably streamed files using the Media feature?

| Wed 29 Jul 2015 11:24:50 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I had exactly the same experience using a QNAP NAS, all media gave problems...AVI, JPEG, MP3 etc. Never did solve it. Reported my experience to Freesat/Humax. They ignored me.

| Wed 29 Jul 2015 11:59:12 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Works OK for me subject to file type / actual container content file type using Windows Media Player. Large pictures caused problems.
    My tests seem to confirm basic DLNA player filetype support (as required) without any optional extensions.

Such support requires the server to transcode if necessary.

Other problems related to selecting soundtrack to be played (no function to do this), in several cases it defaulted to the AD track.

| Wed 29 Jul 2015 12:17:00 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.