My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Are these improving?

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

grinningdog

I want to buy two replacement Humax boxes (one for my father in law) but I'm worried that these only get 3 stars on Amazon and there seems to be issues raised here too.

Do I abandon Humax after Heaven knows how many years and buy something else, or are the problems gradually being resolved?

Bob

| Sat 11 Mar 2017 12:14:56 #1 |
  2. graham uk

graham uk

special member

Bob. Got to give Humax a plus for working hard to improve the 4000T Operating system. Some OS updates been good but can sometimes produce a backward step.
    Basically this model has too many options for it's own good so when one problem is put right another one pops it's head.

Had our FVP 4000T for a year, as we us it just as a TV Catch-up & Record many of the options we don't use so ours is working fine.

This forum is doing an excellent job keeping us informed.

| Sat 11 Mar 2017 12:29:49 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grinningdog - 48 minutes ago  » 
    I want to buy two replacement Humax boxes (one for my father in law) but I'm worried that these only get 3 stars on Amazon and there seems to be issues raised here too.

You need to look at the dates on the negative reviews on Amazon; the box had a number of software issues when released which quite reasonably attracted poor reviews. I think most of the major bugs have been fixed or are in the progress of being fixed. The major remaining gripe is that menu system is slow to respond.

| Sat 11 Mar 2017 13:06:56 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

graham uk - 21 hours ago  » 
    Got to give Humax a plus for working hard to improve the 4000T Operating system.

Wholeheartedly agree, great efforts have been made to improve this unit.

This forum is doing an excellent job keeping us informed.

Thank you for those kind words.

| Sun 12 Mar 2017 9:54:48 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Martin Liddle - 20 hours ago  » 

grinningdog - 48 minutes ago  » 

You need to look at the dates on the negative reviews on Amazon; the box had a number of software issues when released which quite reasonably attracted poor reviews. I think most of the major bugs have been fixed or are in the progress of being fixed.

Agree with Martin - the early reviews are meaningless, and also contained numerous errors - even 'expert' reviews had errors.

The major remaining gripe is that menu system is slow to respond.

I find booting the unit and leaving it for a few seconds to settle down, as I do with PC/Laptop makes a difference.

| Sun 12 Mar 2017 9:58:43 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

grinningdog

Thanks very much for the replies. Some of the reviews are from October/November 2016 so, not that old but I think I'll trust Humax to do the right thing... eventually.

I'm going to buy myself one but I think I'll hold off on the other one. Nobody has the willpower to run tech support for an 86 year old man with a slightly buggy product!

| Sun 12 Mar 2017 14:20:40 #6 |
  7. RogerB

RogerB

special member

That's probably a good way forward GD. Although I have to say I have always found the support from this forum to be swift and first class. R-

| Sun 12 Mar 2017 15:11:36 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.