My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Aspect ratio using 2000T

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

With my HDR 1000s I can set the aspect ratio to 'anamorphic' and with my Panasonic TV I set it to 16.9 auto. This results in older programmes e.g. All Creatures Great and Small filling the screen with just thin black vertical bars.

With my HDR 2000T I set the ratio to 16.9 and select auto. However, this results in older material being shown in 4.3 with huge black vertical bars. Whilst it may be the correct way to show such material I simply hate it.

Is there any way to get this type of programme to display like the 1000s or my TV without actually having to go into settings each time to make a manual adjustment?

| Tue 10 Mar 2015 23:59:32 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I take it given the lack of responses this is an unsolvable one?

| Wed 11 Mar 2015 15:43:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

don't know about unsolvable,

I hate not having the correct aspect and the picture being zoomed or cropped.

Aspect has always been a bit of a nightmare, you're looking for an answer from somebody with exactly the same panasonic tv with a 2000t and possibly 1000s connected in exactly the same way watching similar 4:3 material on channels where the aspect hasn't already been altered and who also doesn't like the original aspect.
    There's only one person best placed to solve this and it'll be by trial and error and if you've already gone through every menu option multiplied by devices, different hdmi inputs and programme content then I guess it's unsolvable.

I know from my fox-t2's that what I set up on initial installation for hdmi resolution has a bearing later as to how it will or completely won't work on different screens regardless of v-format presses later or power cycling etc. It's possible that what was initially set up for aspect on your 2000t has a similar impact when connected to your particular screen in the configuration you have, it really shouldn't be this difficult though, aspect can just be a bit of a nightmare at times.

| Wed 11 Mar 2015 17:12:14 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sojo

Try setting the HDR to 4:3 / Auto. Your older shows should fill the screen though you may get slight black bars and stretching on some other channels at the top and bottom.

| Wed 11 Mar 2015 19:34:02 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Sojo - 1 hour ago  » 
    Try setting the HDR to 4:3 / Auto. Your older shows should fill the screen though you may get slight black bars and stretching on some other channels at the top and bottom.

I did try that, though thank you.

However, I noticed that "normal programming', i.e. 16.9 looked somewhat over zoomed so reverted back to 16.9 auto as they represent the vast bulk of programming.

I don't see why I can have the option of anamorphic on my 1000s but not on the 2000T.

| Wed 11 Mar 2015 21:20:10 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.