My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Attenuation report

(4 posts)
  1. Norrette

Norrette

On my 5000T, a couple of days ago I watched a BBC4 recording from last weekend, which, about a third of the way through, started to exhibit the same problems I had with the FoxT2. Freezing then skipping and restarting.

Thankfully my attenuator arrived today and I've duly set it up. Surprising results.

I first filtered via BBC A and it took more turns than I expected to get it down to 93%-95%. Switched to a couple of others and they seemed okay. Then I tuned to a channel on ARQ B (yes the shopping channel - I'd tune it out altogether, only it carries Yesterday, Drama and Classic FM) that blasted out at over 100% still, so I turned it way way down. Finally COM7 HD - again still over 100% so I turned the wheel again.

I've now got a range of 80% to 95% - thing is I'm about 12-15 miles from Crystal Palace (and yes not picking up any other transmitters)

So they must have really increased the signal this early autumn, when my FoxT2 went on the blink....

Will check future recordings, expecially from COM7, and will duly report back. Annoying thing is the use of the OK button to switch to HD - which often happens accidentally - was also an issue with the T2 also so not new..

| Sat 18 Nov 2017 14:00:14 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

HughA

My new FVP5000-T has been exhibiting occasional picture break up. I'm about 25 miles from Crystal Palace and was getting 100% signal and quality on all muxes except the London local mux. I've had to remove my aerial amplifier to get signal levels down to 70-80%, still with 100% quality. Still get some break up so I may have to invest in an attenuator to drop the signal more.

| Sat 18 Nov 2017 16:07:58 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

HughA - 42 minutes ago  » 
    I've had to remove my aerial amplifier to get signal levels down to 70-80%, still with 100% quality. Still get some break up so I may have to invest in an attenuator to drop the signal more.

I would have expected 70-80% signal strength to be OK. You might want to check on other possible causes like interference from the HDMI lead.

| Sat 18 Nov 2017 16:52:17 #3 |
  4. athomson

athomson

special member

I have an attenuator and find signal strength over 90% and as close to 100% leaving room fora few points of fluctuation and a quality of 100%. I am also getting my signal from crystal palace. I find the site Freeview outages useful.

Andy

| Tue 21 Nov 2017 18:17:11 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.