My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Audio hiccups

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Speed3

Hi,(help!)
    My set up consists of a Humax FOXSAT HDR 320Gb - Samsung 32" curved led TV, for enhanced audio I've just bought a Cambridge Audio TV2 sound base .
    My problem is that I lose audio for a second or so intermittently at irregular times.
    The Cambridge Audio sound base has an optical output, RCA connection and 3.5 audio ...no HDMI
    Currently I'm using RCA connections between Humax and Cambridge - HDMI from Tv to Humax
    Can anybody tell me if there experiencing the same problem or tell me the correct routing of connections and settings on the TVs and Humax box to solve this frustrating problem

| Thu 30 Jun 2016 17:40:48 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Presumably your sound base will have a optical input not output. If so the obvious connection is to connect the Foxsat toslink optical output to the base input using a toslink optical cable.

Welcome to our forum.

| Thu 30 Jun 2016 21:51:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Speed3

Hi,
    thank you for your response... Excuse my ignorance, connecting the optical cable from Humax to sound base
    Is that the only cable I need to connect apart from the hdmi from Humax to tv.?
    Is that is the case..... I'm getting no sound at all.
    Only using RCA from Humax to sound box gives me audio...Intermittently at that.
    My basic thought was using only optical and hdmi completes the the whole set up without the need for RCA connectors.
    Is there a difference between you mention toslink optical and basic optical leads?

| Fri 1 Jul 2016 10:50:49 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Speed3 - 1 hour ago  » ...Is there a difference between you mention toslink optical and basic optical leads?

No. I believe it's called TOSLINK because Toshiba invented the technology. All optical cables are based on that technology.

| Fri 1 Jul 2016 12:44:18 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 22 hours ago  » 
    Presumably your sound base will have a optical input not output. If so the obvious connection is to connect the Foxsat toslink optical output to the base input using a toslink optical cable.
    Welcome to our forum.

Phillips and Sony invented the S/Pdif (Sony/Phillips digital interface) using standard coax interconnects. As already said Toshiba added a optical option to S/Pdif. Note toslink sockets have two sizes, either get a cable with universal adaptors or check you get the right size.

| Fri 1 Jul 2016 20:26:47 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

grahamlthompson - 14 hours ago  » ...Note toslink sockets have two sizes, either get a cable with universal adaptors or check you get the right size.

I suspect that will simply sew confusion. In practice the vast majority of suppliers will describe their cable as "standard for surround sound systems etc". In many years of buying cables I have never seen the other size you refer to.

http://cablemountain.com/epages/eshop186554.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=2022744

| Sat 2 Jul 2016 10:33:35 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.