My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Audio / Video buffer underrun

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

justinb

Hi,

As a newbie, I'm struggling a bit with my new (1 week old) HDR 1000s.

I can get freesat channels fine but when I change to ETB I only get very limited channel and not even any of the free sat ones.

Couple with this every channel I search through from 5000 upwards with the exception of the first 20 or so i get a message say Audio/video buffer underrun and therefore so service what so ever.

Any ideas please? Im at a loss and thinking of sending the box back.

It was set up with two inputs and is now on one. I can set it back to two if that helps as Im about to put an octo lnb on the dish.

Also, when I search on the channels in ETB mode is shows that there are 300 or so available...

Is it an issues which requires sending the box back for a replacement?

| Fri 29 Aug 2014 10:52:52 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I presume you mean STB mode.
    Questions: Is your unit brand new and from what source? Were the non-freesat channels there already or did you do a manual scan for them?

There have been a lot of channels changes - the channels in the 5000 range are NEVER retuned, so unless you delete them and then rescan, channel channels will go unnoticed.

Freesat channels are automatically updated for any change.

The number of cables attached is ONLY detected during first install. So unless you did a factory reset (which will clear out the non-freesat channels) it will be using logic for two cables. A factory reset looses scheduled recordings but not existing recordings.

| Fri 29 Aug 2014 12:07:13 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

justinb

Hi Thanks for getting back.

Yes, sorry a typo I meant STB mode.

Yes the unit is brand new and came from amazon in a sealed box so I know its new. Also I looked at the software version and its dates June 11th 2014.

I started to do a scan on initial setup via the wizard which identified the freesat channels then changed to STB mode and did a manual scan with the transponder set to ALL.

I could see it finding channels however once I selected save it then wen to 5000 where there was nothing.

Ive done a factory reset and it identified one cable second time around. The reason for swapping is that I have moved it to a new room with only one input.

My concern is that it can really only view freesat channels and nothing else which I know it should as in STB mode I get the buffer underrun message. I had a look on the forum and it seems this is a software bug which appears in a previous software version.

Any thoughts?

| Fri 29 Aug 2014 12:31:41 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I hardly ever use non-freesat as mostly rubbish (same radio excepted).

It is more likely to be a signal problem.
    What signal do you get in freesat mode on for example the Horror channel or CBS action.

The list of channels here originate from a slightly different position 28.5E rather than 28.2E - so a dish pointed slight west of 28.2 might cause the problem you are getting. Settings - System > info > Signal will display current signals.

That satellite at 28.5E will be replaced "soon" and then 28.2E will be the sole source for UK satellite.

Edit: A non freesat scan of all frequencies and types includes encrypted channels that you can never watch.

| Fri 29 Aug 2014 12:54:57 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

justinb

The signal is about 85% to 90% for strength and 100% for quality and I took ages using a satellite detector and compass to find the strongest signal so was hoping that it would pick up pretty much everything.

The dish is a zone 2 dish. I took a look at the "secret settings" to try and establish which satellite it was pointing at and it defaulted to AMOS 2&3. This maybe just as it appears rather than what it is picking up as Im pretty sure this is in another direction all together.

So..was concluding it was a software issue of some kind and so needed a replacement.

Am thinking of buying a sat TV as a tester to see what I get with that.

| Fri 29 Aug 2014 13:04:20 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You will get different signal readings from each transponder. What was the freesat CBS action quality?

| Fri 29 Aug 2014 13:20:03 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

justinb

I'll take a look tonight and post the result...but thanks for your help so far.

| Fri 29 Aug 2014 14:09:01 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

justinb

Well have checked the signal strength and it ranges from 75 to 80% and the quality is anything between 90 and 100% across the majority of channels from horror through to CBS.

Still get the audio/video buffer under run message on all STB channels except for the radio one and a few which have channel 4 on them...at a bit of a loss now.

| Fri 29 Aug 2014 18:41:35 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The channels that you get the under run, or lower signal quality, on are they all one of these?:
    http://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-28A.html

| Fri 29 Aug 2014 18:53:38 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

justinb

without doing a thorough check I would say probably yes. However, when I do a manual scan in STB mode I can see Yesterday for example which I then cant view in STB mode.

Ill do a bit more of a check and try and confirm.

| Fri 29 Aug 2014 19:06:01 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.