My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Auto Search on 4000T only brings up BBC chans

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

John T

I had been having problems with playback programmes on 4000T (excessive pixilation) so decided to disconnect all leads, remove plugs etc and then to 'start again' with factory default. Logged in to WLAN and attempted auto-search of channels. Each time, I only get get 9 BBC tv channels plus BBC radio stations. Saved programmes are still there but cannot programme in future programmes as cannot 'see' other channels. Any ideas please? Thanks, John

| Fri 18 Sep 2020 11:17:03 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

John T - 2 hours ago  » 
    I had been having problems with playback programmes on 4000T (excessive pixilation) so decided to disconnect all leads, remove plugs etc and then to 'start again' with factory default.

Not the first thing I would have tried but at least it gives you a clean slate.

Logged in to WLAN and attempted auto-search of channels. Each time, I only get get 9 BBC tv channels plus BBC radio stations.

Look very carefully at the aerial lead; if it is a fly lead from a wall plate has the other end become loose? Are the connectors still attached properly? If it looks Ok have you got another lead you could try temporarily? Certainly my first guess is that it is an aerial lead problem of some sort.

| Fri 18 Sep 2020 13:50:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

John T

Thank you Martin - I think you were right. I rechecked aerial lead and re programmed tv (maybe more overkill...) and seems to be working fine now. Thanks again

| Fri 18 Sep 2020 15:35:37 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.