My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Automatic channel update trashes schedule.

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

icogs

Some time in the early hours my HDR FOX T2 decided to automatically retune all channels with no warning. As a result all of my recording schedule has been trashed. I am not a happy bunny

I don't see any good reason why re-tuning necessarily has to wipe the schedule. I had a sony PVR a while back which managed to save the schedule with no issues. It just seems like sloppy programming to me. Worse in my view is doing it on-the-sly. It is bad enough that I have had to try and re-create my previous schedule, I would have been fuming if I had returned home from a trip to find I had lost the last episode of Line of Duty!

| Mon 17 Mar 2014 13:11:44 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

icogs - 21 minutes ago  » 
    Some time in the early hours my HDR FOX T2 decided to automatically retune all channels with no warning. As a result all of my recording schedule has been trashed. I am not a happy bunny
    I don't see any good reason why re-tuning necessarily has to wipe the schedule.

The reason that Humax choose to wipe the schedule is that if it was just left unchanged and the retune picked up a different transmitter then recordings would fail for no obvious reason. However it is possible (most of the time) to patch the recovered schedule after the retune so that it still works. This is demonstrated by the Custom Firmware for the HDR-FOX T2 which has exactly this functionality. I have no idea why Humax have not implemented this themselves and I agree it is irritating.

| Mon 17 Mar 2014 13:37:51 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

keebs

Twice this year I have had friends round on a Thursday night to watch a selection of recordings together only to find that they've not recorded and the schedule is blank. The other thing I immediately notice is that it has re-tuned - apparent because it always tunes in the unusable channels from the weak transmitter in place of the good channels (SO STUPID).

Accepting the schedule wipe is fine when you are manual tuning but why should it ever auto-tune badly without warning?

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 11:23:00 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.