My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

AV2HDR problems

(5 posts)
  1. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

I am having a continuing problem with AV2HDR and I wonder if anyone can sort me out.

The problem is basically anything I convert rarely works. Either the video is broken up or the audio crackles or is missing all together.

I am using v1.8 at the moment. I have tried 1.6 with the same results.

My process is the following.

I drop a video onto AV2HDR and let it do it's thing. I then check the results to see whether the video and audio are present. I usually use VLC player. If something doesn't work then I have tried tsMuxer first and then AV2HDR to see if that makes it better. And on my recent attempts it hasn't. I have tried both ts and m2ts with the same results.

Where am I going wrong ...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

| Fri 11 Jan 2013 16:02:21 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

First step is to check what's in the source file. Download Medianinfo. Open a file you have problems with and export the treeview info to a file and post the results. If you can chop out a minute or so using tsmuxer (or any other suitable programme)and upload a sample to a file share site I will try it with AV2HDR and my Foxsat.

| Fri 11 Jan 2013 16:25:05 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Sloppyjoe I have posted the details in a PM. For the benefit of others who may encounter the problem.

The file without audio is because the audio is aac which the foxsat doesn't support. The Freeview boxes do because aac is used by Freeview-HD. The audio track has to be converted to ac3 before using AV2HDR.

| Sat 12 Jan 2013 12:19:58 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

grahamlthompson - 19 minutes ago  » 
    Sloppyjoe I have posted the details in a PM. For the benefit of others who may encounter the problem.
    The file without audio is because the audio is aac which the foxsat doesn't support. The Freeview boxes do because aac is used by Freeview-HD. The audio track has to be converted to ac3 before using AV2HDR.

Graham - does it play OK on your HDR-1000S?

| Sat 12 Jan 2013 12:39:55 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 19 minutes ago  » 

Graham - does it play OK on your HDR-1000S?

Yes after the aac audio was replaced with ac3. I have PM'd the OP with a link to the converted file.

| Sat 12 Jan 2013 14:11:22 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.