My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

AV2HDR settings for Foxsat HDR videos via SMB share

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

I'm using the expansion to Raydon's 4.1.1 firmware which allows you to set mount points for SMB shares on a Windows PC, which show up on the Foxsat HDR UI as USB1.

My question is, how do I configure AV2HDR in such a way that it allows the output files the right path so I can play Humax formatted videos from the SMB shares. I've tried a couple of different things and so far nothing... my guess is the HMT file is at fault.

| Sun 24 Feb 2013 17:26:14 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

zeke - 2 hours ago  » 
    I'm using the expansion to Raydon's 4.1.1 firmware which allows you to set mount points for SMB shares on a Windows PC, which show up on the Foxsat HDR UI as USB1.
    My question is, how do I configure AV2HDR in such a way that it allows the output files the right path so I can play Humax formatted videos from the SMB shares. I've tried a couple of different things and so far nothing... my guess is the HMT file is at fault.

I think you may have grasped the wrong end of the stick.
    You need to have samba installed to share the HDR Media structure.
    The Mount points supported by 4.1.1 allow you to mount non HDR shares on the HDR.

| Sun 24 Feb 2013 19:54:20 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

Yeah I have all that installed, the Foxsat HDR can see all the SMB shares from my Windows 7 PC I've mounted in the webif interface as I have NASMount and samba already installed on it, that works flawlessly.

What I was asking was, how do I make/edit HMT files so .TS files (either created by the Foxsat, backed up to PC then shared by SMB or ones I've made from other sources) are seen as playable by the Foxsat when I browse to the SMB share that holds them. I've found that using the webif interface to rename files fixes the HMT files in the meantime, just wondered if there's a better/faster way.

| Sun 24 Feb 2013 20:45:59 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

zeke - 29 minutes ago  » 
    Yeah I have all that installed, the Foxsat HDR can see all the SMB shares from my Windows 7 PC I've mounted in the webif interface as I have NASMount and samba already installed on it, that works flawlessly.
    What I was asking was, how do I make/edit HMT files so .TS files (either created by the Foxsat, backed up to PC then shared by SMB or ones I've made from other sources) are seen as playable by the Foxsat when I browse to the SMB share that holds them. I've found that using the webif interface to rename files fixes the HMT files in the meantime, just wondered if there's a better/faster way.

You don't need to actually re-name the files just invoke the option.

| Sun 24 Feb 2013 21:17:05 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

grahamlthompson - 2 minutes ago  » 

zeke - 29 minutes ago  » 

You don't need to actually re-name the files just invoke the option.

Literally just press the OPT+ button, hit Rename then Close in the web interface is it?

| Sun 24 Feb 2013 21:20:24 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

zeke - 19 hours ago  » 

Hi Zeke, you don't have to do anything special to get your AV2HDR converted video to play on the HDR using a NASMount share. Any three file set comprising of of ts,nts, and hmt placed into the shared folder on the PC will be listed in the HDR's media list and be playable. This is regardless of the original filepath written to the hmt file since this is ignored by the HDR when reading from a USB drive. When you open a source video in AV2HDR for conversion just leave the HDR destination folder at its default of USB (/media/sda1). Then using the dropdown menu select 'File/Select Output Folder' and browse and select your NASmount share folder on the PC. Hit the 'GO' button and your done. Simples

| Mon 25 Feb 2013 12:52:43 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

zeke - 17 hours ago  » 
    Literally just press the OPT+ button, hit Rename then Close in the web interface is it?

Not quite, Hit Rename then Update, not Close .

| Mon 25 Feb 2013 14:40:12 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

raydon - 2 hours ago  » 

zeke - 19 hours ago  » 

Hi Zeke, you don't have to do anything special to get your AV2HDR converted video to play on the HDR using a NASMount share. Any three file set comprising of of ts,nts, and hmt placed into the shared folder on the PC will be listed in the HDR's media list and be playable. This is regardless of the original filepath written to the hmt file since this is ignored by the HDR when reading from a USB drive. When you open a source video in AV2HDR for conversion just leave the HDR destination folder at its default of USB (/media/sda1). Then using the dropdown menu select 'File/Select Output Folder' and browse and select your NASmount share folder on the PC. Hit the 'GO' button and your done. Simples

That is a bit simpler than I thought. What impressed me is that on my old desktop PC (now living in the kitchen and relegated to storing backups of other systems and doing video encoding) had a few dozen programs backed up from before I got the box, all things my parents recorded before they "upgraded" to VM's TiVo. Without modifying any of the HMTs, just pointing the Foxsat at the directory made everything show up. Even the thumbnails from when those programs were on the Foxsat's hard drive, the ones that live inside the ".<name_of_program>" stub folders are shown.

| Mon 25 Feb 2013 15:28:35 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.