My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

AV2HDR-T2 v1.0 for the Humax HDR Fox T2

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

Hello all,

I'd like to announce the release of AV2HDR-T2 v1.0. A video import utility for the Humax HDR Fox T2 Freeview PVR.(It should also work for the HD Fox T2 with USB HDD attached).
    It is a portover of the utility I originally created for the Humax Foxsat HDR Freesat PVR and it's function is similar, though not exactly the same.
    Basically, it enables video not created on the T2, to be imported with all the functionality provided in a native recording. i.e. thumbnails, program synopsis and guidance text, fast forward, rewind, resume from last position etc.
    I know you will say that you can already import and play some non-native video formats directly on the T2, but AV2HDR-T2 provides those "little extras" that people have come to expect from a PVR.
    Full usage details are contained in the compiled help .chm file included with the program. I hope you find it useful.

AV2HDR-T2 v1.0 can be downloaded from HERE

Enjoy !

raydon

P.S. Please don't quote this post in its entirety, one picture in the thread is enough, thank you.

| Wed 7 Dec 2011 16:56:08 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Excellent stuff, many thanks. Downloaded, will have a play later.

| Wed 7 Dec 2011 17:16:11 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Super job as usual.

Downloading next, Will try with some HD camcorder footage tommorow on HD FOX T2.

Graham

| Wed 7 Dec 2011 18:31:38 #3 |
  4. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

Nice one - again raydon! Well done!

[Although I think you are missing a trick. I wonder if you could work on a new versions, where it can detect exported recordings from the FOXSAT-HDR, and create just the sidecar files for the HDR-FOX T2? Also a great opportunity to import all the channel, EPG and other info directly from the FOXSAT's sidecar files... I say versions, because the orginal AV2HDR could also be made to do the same with the HDR-FOX T2 exported recordings, in a converse process.

I don't know why Humax produced two different formats for their sidecar files for the two different platforms, but I guess this is an opportunity for whizz kids like you to really shine ]

EDIT: Just tried to playback (in VLC) a couple of converted .ts files exported from the FOXSAT-HDR, and they don't seem to play... Is it me or anyone else having this problem?

| Thu 22 Dec 2011 11:36:42 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

son_t - 50 minutes ago  » 
    EDIT: Just tried to playback (in VLC) a couple of converted .ts files exported from the FOXSAT-HDR, and they don't seem to play... Is it me or anyone else having this problem?

My laptop won't play HD smoothly with vlc. Have you tried Splash Lite ?

http://mirillis.com/en/products/splash.html

| Thu 22 Dec 2011 12:28:54 #5 |
  6. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 

Not started with HD yet! This is just SD recs... I will have a further play with it on a different PC (currently on a 64-bit Win 7 box...)

| Thu 22 Dec 2011 15:16:30 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Frosty

HI. I tried Splash Lite a few days ago but have since removed it due to a very large sync issue between audio and video of a non Humax 1920x1080 file. There is an adjustment setting but it was so bad I got rid of it.

This was just to see what Splash Lite was like. VLC using CoreAVC HD codec works like a charm, playing back 1920 HD content without issues upto about 10Mb/s. 15Mb/s doesn't work properly on my P4 3Ghz system. Graphic card power doesn't usually have much impact on H264/mkv playback, but CoreAVC codec can make a huge difference. You need to change 1 or 2 settings in VLC/MPC to get the 3rd party codec working, such as passing H264 processing to the external codec, but it's work it. CoreAVC codec is not that expensive.

| Thu 22 Dec 2011 15:54:01 #7 |
  8. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

I've this program on two new .ts files (transferred off the 9200T) and got the same playback problem. But I transferred them on to the HDR - on to an attached external drive via FTP and they playback just fine.

Conclusion must be that my PC is the problem here and that the AV2HDR-T2 works just fine

@Raydon: is it possible for you to publish the HMT format for the HDR as you did for the FOXSAT-HDR, please? For some reason I have recordings on my HDR-T2 that neither show up or playback (encrypted). These must have been transferred from HDD that I've upgraded and directly transferred across manually instead of getting the HDR to do it.

| Tue 27 Dec 2011 20:31:57 #8 |
  9. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

New HMT format:

Old HTM format:

Attachments

1. old-hmt.jpg (92 KB, 55 downloads) 12 years old
    2. new-hmt.jpg (89.8 KB, 55 downloads) 12 years old
    | Tue 27 Dec 2011 21:02:54 #9 |
  10. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

grahamlthompson - 1 week ago  » 

Nice one Graham - I've just tried this, after reading the 'can't play .ts file' post, on the converted .ts files - and yes it plays back just fine!

The once play everything VLC player has not been superceeded!

| Sat 31 Dec 2011 19:59:31 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.