My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Back up

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Watstony

I have been using my HDR 1000S for some months with no problems and have greatly enjoyed the ease of use, good pictures, etc. But I thought maybe I should back up those recordings I want to keep onto an external hard drive. Can I do this and how?

| Tue 7 May 2013 14:53:34 #1 |
  2. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

No export of recordings facility at launch of this box. I don't think the beta update had either.

| Tue 7 May 2013 15:37:45 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Correct, there is currently no means of backing up anything. Result is I have twice had to format HDD and lost lots of great recording I had not watched.

| Tue 7 May 2013 17:23:49 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Watstony

Pity. I had hoped that somebody would have found a way through either the TV or a LAN.

| Wed 8 May 2013 10:33:03 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mandlebrot

Given that these boxes constantly start to miss recordings when you hit the 50+ % mark, you would thing that Humax would allow some sort of backup feature

| Fri 28 Jun 2013 20:25:28 #5 |
  6. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Mandlebrot - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Given that these boxes constantly start to miss recordings when you hit the 50+ % mark, you would thing that Humax would allow some sort of backup feature

Really? Mines on 72% and has never missed a recording. If yours is constantly missing recordings then I'd suggest its related to other issues.

| Fri 28 Jun 2013 20:38:32 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Mandlebrot - 14 hours ago  » 

I'm surprised by that claim. Mine was at one time well in excess of 50% and never missed a recording.

| Sat 29 Jun 2013 11:06:56 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Have been running 1TB at over 90% for a number of weeks checking out auto delete, which is also performing as it should.

| Sat 29 Jun 2013 11:37:07 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mandlebrot

A while back the forum was full of people with the 500GB boxes stating that they had problems at say 52% and had to reformat. I had the same issue and it has started again when I've hit 50 odd %. Humax say to reformat the HD and yet again I've got to lose recordings that I actually want to keep. We should have a way of moving these off to an external HD or memory stick. Now I can understand that they may have to stick to some laws about allowing the transfer of HD material in it's digital form if it were to be watchable on other devices because of encryption etc. but I would be quite happy if they only allowed this particular type of recording to be backed up and then returned to the original machine. Failing that they should at least allow the digital transfer of the SD stuff.

| Sat 29 Jun 2013 16:02:08 #9 |
  10. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Mandlebrot - 15 minutes ago  » 
    A while back the forum was full of people with the 500GB boxes stating that they had problems at say 52% and had to reformat. I had the same issue and it has started again when I've hit 50 odd %. Humax say to reformat the HD and yet again I've got to lose recordings that I actually want to keep. We should have a way of moving these off to an external HD or memory stick. Now I can understand that they may have to stick to some laws about allowing the transfer of HD material in it's digital form if it were to be watchable on other devices because of encryption etc. but I would be quite happy if they only allowed this particular type of recording to be backed up and then returned to the original machine. Failing that they should at least allow the digital transfer of the SD stuff.

Actually I believe it was 32% which was fixed ages ago.

| Sat 29 Jun 2013 16:19:36 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.