My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Bad or no signal

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dabble

My neighbour has had her Humax FoxSat box for two and a half years. In October she suddenly started to receive the message "bad or no signal" even though it had been working perfectly before then. She took it back to where she bought it but because it was just outside the warranty, they could/would not offer any help.
    We are in the process of trying to re-establish this for her as she has no other means of satellite tv.
    We have an excellent and very strong signal with our SKY boxes so we know that there is good signal strenth and quality but we get the same message on screen.

We decided to reset to factory settings. We get as far as entering the relevant UK postcode but it keeps telling us it is invalid.

On checking the signal strength it shows no signal.

Any offers of advice would be gratefully received.

| Thu 14 Mar 2013 16:46:17 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

RoyG

dabble - 5 years ago  » 
    My neighbour has had her Humax FoxSat box for two and a half years. In October she suddenly started to receive the message "bad or no signal" even though it had been working perfectly before then. She took it back to where she bought it but because it was just outside the warranty, they could/would not offer any help.
    We are in the process of trying to re-establish this for her as she has no other means of satellite tv.
    We have an excellent and very strong signal with our SKY boxes so we know that there is good signal strenth and quality but we get the same message on screen.
    We decided to reset to factory settings. We get as far as entering the relevant UK postcode but it keeps telling us it is invalid.
    On checking the signal strength it shows no signal.
    Any offers of advice would be gratefully received.

| Sat 27 Oct 2018 15:30:55 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

This means the box can't access the Freesat home transponder which is likely to be a dish or lnb issue. Just because the Sky box works doesn't mean the cabling from the dish to the Humax box is OK. Try removing the Sky box and connecting the Humax box to the same connections.

Does it now allow you to enter a post code ?

With the sky box use add channels and enter the following details. Does the Sky-box find a signal.

11425 H DVB-S QPSK 27500 2/3

You don't by any chance have Sky-Q ? The above will only work with a Sky-HD box. Sky-Q uses a different lnb which only works with a Sky-Q box.

| Sat 27 Oct 2018 16:02:18 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

A freesat box needs access to the freesat transponder located at 11426 H 27500 2/3 without this it the reset will fail.

If a Sky unit works at this location try a non-freesat tune on the freesat unit to the above frequency which you can do for a single frequency. If it fails then it is implying that horizontal frequencies may be failing. You would be also missing receiving channels on the Sky unit. Check all Sky channels with a H in column 1 at https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html.
    If some are missing then it implies the LNB is failing and needs replacing.

Graham beat me but read your post differently - I assumed you had checked the Sky unit at the same location.

| Sat 27 Oct 2018 16:06:33 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 43 minutes ago  » 
    A freesat box needs access to the freesat transponder located at 11426 H 27500 2/3 without this it the reset will fail.
    If a Sky unit works at this location try a non-freesat tune on the freesat unit to the above frequency which you can do for a single frequency. If it fails then it is implying that horizontal frequencies may be failing. You would be also missing receiving channels on the Sky unit. Check all Sky channels with a H in column 1 at https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html.
    Graham beat me but read your post differently - I assumed you had checked the Sky unit at the same location.

Hi RepaS

| Sat 27 Oct 2018 16:50:15 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 23 seconds ago  » 

REPASSAC - 43 minutes ago  » 

Hi Repasac see my edit. Had the thought the OP may be trying to connect to a Sky-Q wideband lnb

| Sat 27 Oct 2018 16:52:03 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

luca10

see pics attached

Attachments

1. image1.jpeg (20 KB, 0 downloads) 5 years old
    2. IMG_4375.jpg (28.4 KB, 1 downloads) 5 years old
    | Sat 27 Oct 2018 16:53:30 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

luca10 - 19 minutes ago  » 
    see pics attached

Luca 10 - You are replying in the wrong thread - This thread is about not working Foxsat-HDR not your missing radio channels This is a thread started by Dabble with a similar name that a new member added to despite the fact the original dates to 2013. Hence confusion.

| Sat 27 Oct 2018 17:14:00 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Note to admin Can you please move the posts in this thread by Luca to the similar named thread he started.

| Sat 27 Oct 2018 17:49:41 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.