My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

BBC 1 gone...

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Andyswad

Can anyone help. Lost BBC 1. Just shows bad or no signal message. BBC1 HD OK and also if I take out the Humax and just run the TV straight from the aerial then BBC 1 reappears. Another factor is that I have another TV with an old digistream box which picks up BBC1 and BB1 HD without a problem.

Got to be the Humax...hasn't it ?

| Mon 6 Nov 2017 15:10:41 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

What is the signal strength and quality? Humax receivers are known to be sensitive and can be overloaded with a strong signal.

| Mon 6 Nov 2017 15:19:35 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Might be simply too strong a signal (Humax Freeview boxes have sensitive tuners). Try fitting a variable attenuator.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philex-Variable-TV-Signal-Attenuator/dp/B00L24G962/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&tag=blusas008-21&qid=1509977958&sr=8-2&keywords=tv+attenuator&dpID=5193vn2JG%252BL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Welcome to our forum.

| Mon 6 Nov 2017 15:20:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Andyswad

Thanks for that. If we are talking about signals being too strong, I am fairly sure that some years ago when we had the digital switchover we had some issues and when we had a new TV we had an inline booster fitted. Might be worth me removing that first to see if it makes a difference. Also if I want to check individual signal strengths and qualities how do I find that on the menu.

Thanks

| Mon 6 Nov 2017 15:28:18 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Andyswad - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for that. If we are talking about signals being too strong, I am fairly sure that some years ago when we had the digital switchover we had some issues and when we had a new TV we had an inline booster fitted. Might be worth me removing that first to see if it makes a difference. Also if I want to check individual signal strengths and qualities how do I find that on the menu.
    Thanks

That's a good idea. The power output of the digital transmitters was greatly increased at the time the analogue network was switched off (DSO). Over the weekend due to atmospheric conditions you were likely to be getting higher levels than usual. In some cases if a distant transmitter using the same UHF carrier as one from your local transmitter came into range, you got big problems with that Mux.

To check signal levels and quality tune to any channel on a Mux and bring up your diagnostics menu in settings.

Not having your box guessing it will be in settings and say something like diagnostics or signal test or similar.

| Mon 6 Nov 2017 15:40:29 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I don't have one of these units so this is a guess based upon other models. Tune to BBC 1 then go into setup > System - it might be listed a system info > signal.

Posted while Graham was adding the signal info to his post. (He is quicker than me)

| Mon 6 Nov 2017 15:46:19 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

To check signal strength/quality on a 4000/5000T

Settings
    Channel Settings
    Signal Test

| Mon 6 Nov 2017 16:25:08 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

David Briggs

I am line-of-sight from the Sutton Coldfield transmitter and get about 91% on the Signal Test. There are no obvious problems with my FVP4000T.

The 4000T is also feeding the LG TV with signal. I do have an adjustable attenuator on that, set to about 90%. That was on the advice of an LG tech. support bod for no particularly good reason as far as I could tell at the time.

Hope that helps!

| Mon 6 Nov 2017 19:33:35 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.