My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

BBC 3D Olympics

(3 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Not much coverage proposed...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/rogermosey/2012/02/olympic_ceremonies_and_100m_fi.html

| Sun 19 Feb 2012 13:36:00 #1 |
  2. GeeDeeEss

GeeDeeEss

I'm confused by the following quote...

We've chosen these events partly because they mark the pinnacles of the Games but also to minimise the loss of HD that is a consequence of our 3D service.

Is 3D not in HD? I always just presumed it would be.

also, the BBC seem to be damned if they do damned if they don't with every turn. I'm sure if they said they were going to produce tonnes of hours of footage in 3D many would claim it is wasting money due to the demand levels being low (compared to other formats).

tough choices all round!

| Mon 20 Feb 2012 18:03:17 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

GeeDeeEss - 2 hours ago  » 
    I'm confused by the following quote...

We've chosen these events partly because they mark the pinnacles of the Games but also to minimise the loss of HD that is a consequence of our 3D service.

Is 3D not in HD? I always just presumed it would be.
    also, the BBC seem to be damned if they do damned if they don't with every turn. I'm sure if they said they were going to produce tonnes of hours of footage in 3D many would claim it is wasting money due to the demand levels being low (compared to other formats).
    tough choices all round!

Broadcast HD is half HD, there are two 960 x 1080 images side by side in a single 1920 x 1080 frame.

| Mon 20 Feb 2012 20:54:40 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.