My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HD

BBC i player

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnsharpley

Hi new to this forum, can any body help me.
    I have a Humax HD box and I have connected it to my planar PD 710 projector, I can access all freeview channels incl, HD ones, also I can receive ITV player.
    I find when I go into BBC i player and try to pick a program a message comes up " This content does not seem to be working please try later". I can receive BBC i player through my PC.
    HOPE SOME ONE CAN STEER ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
    Thanks

| Thu 19 Apr 2012 15:49:38 #1 |
  2. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

We don't require the model number of the projector, but the model of Humax would be a help..

It is possible that iPlayer is busy if you can at least access it on the Humax.

| Thu 19 Apr 2012 16:21:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnsharpley

Hi Chrisdaniels, U have the user manual all it says "Foxsat-HD" I purchased it in 2008. I have tried on many occasions to access BBC i player all I get " the content does not seem to be working try later. I can receive ITV player as well as all HD and free channels.
    As I said I can receive BBC I Player on my PC. My router is in the same room as the Humex.
    Take care John

| Sat 21 Apr 2012 19:22:28 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnsharpley

Hi Chris, further to my last post have found some numbers on a sticker on bottom of box they are:
    RoHS Foxsat
    HD/GB
    61 6003785 01864
    Hope this is what you are looking for
    Take Care John

| Sun 22 Apr 2012 7:59:21 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bargain Dave

Hi
    I have had my foxsatfresat Hd for just over a month now. In that time I have mostly used it for the Freesat channels, however in the last week I decided to try the iplayer and notice that for about the first 30 seconds the sound of programme is missing ( this also happens on itv player) and then cuts in. Has any one else noticed this?
    I should add on all freesat channels I have no problem.
    I also have a sony blu- ray player ( BDP-S185) and a Humax youview box which both have the BBC iplayer and on these the sound is there from the start. Therefore I wondering if there is a faut with the Foxsat or just a glitch in the software?

| Fri 10 Aug 2012 11:52:28 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Thunda

I am having the same problem Bargain Dave, and also their are no subtitles for the Freesat HD - iplayer.

| Sat 11 Aug 2012 12:52:26 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bargain Dave

Done some more test on the problem, and found that there is normaly a only a very short delay before the programe started, in which case there is no sound for about the first 30 sec. However somtime there is a longer delay for the programe starts and when this happens the sound always starts straight away. This gives the impession that it buffering enough programme in buffer before starting. If you have a very fast broadband connection you may not get the problem, but I think the software needs to be adjusted for the norm.

| Sat 11 Aug 2012 22:56:04 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.