My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

BBC iPlayer in Spain

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

davidinspain

I have just installed a TP-LINK kit (TL-PA211 KIT)which is working as I hoped they would.

ITV Player is working fine, BBC iPlayer loads and lets me select the programme to watch. When I press to set the program playing I get a message that there is a problem and that I should try again later, have tried a few times!

Have a free VPN from http://uk.hotfreevpn.com/ ITV player works whether the VPN is on or not, same results with BBC player.

Has anybody any ideas that would help me, thank you.

| Fri 14 Sep 2012 20:44:05 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I presume the VPN is running on a PC? (Some routers can do this directly and this situation does not occur with them).

Your PC has two network commections, one direct to the router and one to the VPN via the router. All other traffic on your home network is sent to the connections default gateway ("Router") on the Foxsat settings.

Additionally your PC will not normally allow local intranet traffic in one network to pass to another.

To achieve what you want to do is quite complicated but can be achieved.

However some forums are reluctant to publish such information. So I had better ask first. ************* Admin: Comment please ************

| Sat 15 Sep 2012 8:24:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

davidinspain

Thanks for your reply.

You are correct in your assumption that the VPN is running on a PC (Fujitsu Siemens Amilo using Windows 7).

David

| Sat 15 Sep 2012 16:31:57 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

davidinspain - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for your reply.
    You are correct in your assumption that the VPN is running on a PC (Fujitsu Siemens Amilo using Windows 7).
    David

I will wait until Monday to see if I get an Admin response - If not I think I will send you a private message on how to do this. Sorry for the delay but a DS forum admin took exception but on AV forums did not - want to tread carefully here.

| Sat 15 Sep 2012 19:31:52 #4 |
  5. super-admin

super-admin

senior admin

Using VPN to access iPlayer or services just for the UK is not an illegal activity in itself. However, we don't know what the situation is with using a Humax Freesat box to access iPlayer this way.

So for the time being, could you please keep the discussion via the PM system, if you need to help each other out. If you don't know how the PM system works please read this blog post: http://myhumax.org/blog/?p=811

| Sat 15 Sep 2012 19:57:17 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.