My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

best post code

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jackteet

Hi, I am very new to this forum so please be gentle with me. I have just ordered from Amazon a Humax Foxsat HDR 500GB freesat tuner/recorder.
    I live in southern spain and our community has a 1.5 mtr dish.
    I want to tune into london BBC and itv but I do not know which is the strongest post code to enter. Would a kind person please advise. Thanks.

| Tue 3 Jul 2012 21:23:46 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. The postcode has no effect on the strength of the signal only the channels that are allocated to the local channel numbers. Whatever you use you have all the BBC regions and ITV1 London is in the epg at 977 using all postcodes.

It makes a difference on Sky boxes because the viewing card gives you access to some ITV regions that you cannot get on a Freesat box (most likely not for long)

If you want to give your box a degree of exclusivity choose one of the following

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060730053644AAIpuEf

There might be a local reason why a specific postcode gives a more reliable signal for ITV1 on 103, only local knowledge can answer that one.

The customised firmware allows you to add multiple ITV1 SD and HD regions to your epg (London or Granada for HD).

| Tue 3 Jul 2012 22:47:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jackteet

Hi Graham thanks very much for the info

| Tue 3 Jul 2012 23:35:13 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.