My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Best way to play recordings on H3?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

timdf911

Hi,

I've just bought a FVP-5000T and H3. Everything is working fairly well, but still in the learning stage.
    One thing I am struggling with is the playback of recordings - it's very easy on the FVP-5000T but playing recordings on the H3 seems to involve a lot of button pressing to get to the DLNA, then down thru' a number of folders to actually play something.
    Is there an easier way ?
    The 'wife acceptance factor' for the player is likely low as she's used to the Sky box and I doubt she could handle all this DLNA stuff.
    Any ideas ?

| Mon 30 Oct 2017 15:05:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

timdf911

OK,
    figured it out. You use TV Player then scroll down into options which then gives you a choice of guide, recording, channels etc.
    No need to use DLNA

| Mon 30 Oct 2017 15:30:05 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

For the avoidance of any doubt...

Believe member is referring to the Live TV app not TV Player app.

| Tue 31 Oct 2017 10:02:42 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

cobson

Are you able to fast forward through advert breaks ok using the H3 & 5000 ? I found with the H3 & 4000 that pressing FF a few times caused playback to stop altogether.

| Tue 31 Oct 2017 10:09:38 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

cobson - 37 seconds ago  » 
    Are you able to fast forward through advert breaks ok using the H3 & 5000 ? I found with the H3 & 4000 that pressing FF a few times caused playback to stop altogether.

I've checked this a few times as members report problems, and cannot replicate...I have noted the length of skip differs depending on:

1. Duration of timer
    2. Whether it is SD or HD

I haven't investigated this further at this time.

FVP units (4000 and 5000T) plus H3 are connected to network via powerline adaptors.

| Tue 31 Oct 2017 10:12:46 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikeJT

cobson - 2 months ago  » 

New to the FVP5000/H3 setup and have also noted that if you press FFWD a couple of times or hold the button down, I have the same issue where the recording stops and then goes back to the recording screen. If you try and restart the recording and then FFWD it again, it does the same thing at the same point. At the moment I even taken to not ffwd recordings whilsty I try and sort it out.

| Wed 3 Jan 2018 13:49:44 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.