My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Black screen for 1 minute when changing channels

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

TubbyTinCan

Within the last week my Humax BT YouView DTRT-2100 displays a black screen for around 63 seconds when switching on (from standby) or changing channel.

I have tried restarting and fully powering down, with no change. Not yet tried a factory reset, so as not to lose recordings.

Perhaps the consistent 1 minute time period points to a timed process failing, triggered when I switch channel.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

| Thu 25 Apr 2024 11:59:41 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hello TubbyTinCan,

Welcome to the forum. Try maintenance mode (option 2) and this will KEEP your recordings. You access the BOOT menu (rather like booting pc to Bios) from start up.

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

Just carefully follow instructions & if this doesn't work, try either software reset mode or if this fails a full reset if problems with hard drive, BUT MAKE SURE Youview box is connected FIRST to internet or it will crash.

Good luck. Hopefully this will help. Please let forum know how you get on/if you need more help. John L

| Thu 25 Apr 2024 15:02:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Just to add, Youview seem to have removed instructions for your box. I know that Youview starting unsupporting their own software support & transfered support directly with different ISP/hardware providers.

Try BT link:

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/tv-boxes/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-tv-box-

| Thu 25 Apr 2024 15:15:10 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

TubbyTinCan

Thanks for this John.

I wasn't aware of the maintenance mode. It's strange why they don't just have these options in the main settings.

I did eventually have to resort to the full factory reset, but it has done the trick.

Thanks again. I appreciate your help with this.

| Thu 25 Apr 2024 21:03:04 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi TubbyTinCan,

The reason why Youview didn't put maintenance mode within general settings is because most average users don't know what they are doing! It does get a bit technical if you are unfamiliar with pvrs. I used to be a volunteer trialist/software tester with Youview & got to know their system. The Youview has to be connected to their server when resetting box, its looking for updates etc.

I agree that they should have provided an option : delete/keep recordings, same as with most newer pvrs. Just make a note of how to do it next time. It will happen! John L

| Fri 26 Apr 2024 11:59:44 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.