My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

blue circle with bar , no ability to record tv

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

plnbarry

I am trying to set up this humax for the first time, and everything seems okay except when l go to record anything, it does not let me scroll to either record whole programme or record whole series, the only option l can highlight is reminder. When l try to record something instantly, l get a blue circle with a blue bar struck through the circle in the top right hand of my tv screen, does anyone know what this means and why l can not record any programme?
    Thank you for any help.

| Mon 18 Nov 2013 22:56:14 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

plnbarry - 14 minutes ago  » 
    I am trying to set up this humax for the first time, and everything seems okay except when l go to record anything, it does not let me scroll to either record whole programme or record whole series, the only option l can highlight is reminder. When l try to record something instantly, l get a blue circle with a blue bar struck through the circle in the top right hand of my tv screen, does anyone know what this means and why l can not record any programme?

I would say that it sounds like a hard drive problem.

| Mon 18 Nov 2013 23:14:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

plnbarry

please can you tell me what leads l should have connected and where the leads connect to, as l want to check l have assembled it correctly first?

| Tue 19 Nov 2013 8:58:59 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

plnbarry

when l press instant record l also get the same symbol come up on the top right hand corner of the tv , it looks like a blue circle with a blue stripe crossing the inner of the circle, do you know what this symbol means please?

| Tue 19 Nov 2013 9:01:05 #4 |
  5. FenderBender

FenderBender

administrator

I agree with Martin. It sounds like the internal hard disk drive is faulty.

If you watch live TV can you press the Pause button to pause the live programme?

| Tue 19 Nov 2013 9:17:52 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

plnbarry - 1 hour ago  » 
    please can you tell me what leads l should have connected and where the leads connect to, as l want to check l have assembled it correctly first?

Aerial cable to aerial in socket on Humax, optionally aerial fly lead from Humax to TV aerial socket, HDMI cable from Humax to TV (or alternatively SCART cable if the TV does not have an HDMI port), optionally network cable from network socket on Humax to router, power cable to Mains.

I still think the hard drive is either faulty or disconnected internally. Press Menu the select System > Settings> HDD > HDD Test. It should take less than a minute to tell you whether the hard drive is OK. What happens on your box?

This isn't a common fault and I think you have just been unlucky. Contact whoever supplied the box and get it exchanged.

| Tue 19 Nov 2013 10:57:17 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.