My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

blue stripes on edges of things in the picture

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mmh

A couple of weeks ago the picture of my Humax HDR 2000T developed an aberration where the edges of shapes on the screen have a blue irregular sparkly strip that is rather distracting. The TV itself is fine but if I'm watching through the recorder or a recording, the picture has this blemish. I cannot find a menu on the Humax to adjust 'contrast' or different colour ratios that might resolve the issue. The unit is still well within its warranty period but if there's a simple solution then that's better for everyone! Suggestions welcome (in layman's language, please).

| Wed 20 Jan 2016 19:38:22 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum. This sounds as if it could be down to some unwanted video processing in the TV or perhaps a displaced hdmi cable. On most TV's the adjustments are input specific so it might not affect the TV tuners or even simply connecting the Humax to a different hdmi port on the TV may fix it.

Some suggestions

Push the hdmi cable firmly into the TV and Humax.

Set the output of the Humax to 1080i

Move the hdmi cable to a different hdmi port on the TV.

Try a different HDMI cable.

Turn any video processing options on the TV off while viewing the Humax.

Knowing make and model of TV would help (If a online manual is available).

| Wed 20 Jan 2016 20:39:54 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mmh

Thank you so much, Graham, for your clear and helpful response.
    Quite perplexing, though, as armed with your words of wisdom the next time I turned on the Humax recorder the problem had disappeared. The colour aberration went as suddenly as it had arrived. I checked some recordings made in the "poor picture" period and they seemed fine as well. No one has even been near that corner of the room - unless I can blame a cat for jumping around and shifting the connection of a cable. A mystery that (for the time being at least) is resolved. Again, thank you so much.

| Sat 23 Jan 2016 16:36:14 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.