My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

boot error

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

snow205

Hi I have now owned a dtr-t1000 for just over a year with no probs untill yesterday when I switched it on and on screen said please wait. Waited for a while nothing happened so entered the web and searched the issue it said do a maintenance mode which I did. Then on tv screen came up boot error, repeated the maintenance mode again boot error is there any thing I can do like reformatting hardrive and finding the software to go back. Is there anything can be done at all please help many thanks ps on maintenance mode could not get to reformatting part cheers

| Sat 4 Jan 2014 21:52:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

"Boot fail: invalid signature" - was that the message? It's generally terminal. Ring Humax, if you bought the box retail and it's still under warranty. They'll probably swap it. See
    http://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/Useful-Contacts-1370338021964/?q=useful-contacts&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1 for Humax number.

Or if the box was provided by BT, you'll need to contact them.

| Sat 4 Jan 2014 22:22:54 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

snow205

Hi yes correction to fault viewed message on front screen ' invalid signature '. There is no warranty with this unit as it run out in August is there anything I can do with rewriting the hardrive with new software if there any many thank for reply

| Sun 5 Jan 2014 14:42:50 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Not that I know of, since you're not able to use the maintenance mode. Someone more knowledgeable may have a suggestion. Sorry.

| Sun 5 Jan 2014 15:18:18 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

User cannot recover a unit that has the Boot fail invalid signature fault - sorry.

| Sun 5 Jan 2014 17:09:23 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.