My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Boot fail Invalid signature problem

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

fmj323

On start up I am getting Boot fail Invalid signature. Can anyone help with this please. This is the second unit I have had since early January, the first had faulty tuners. I have spoken to customer support and they were unable to help me. Currently very disappointed with HUMAX .

| Sat 9 Feb 2013 12:19:03 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

You could try maintenance mode and reload software:

http://videos.youview.com/support/maintenance_mode.pdf

If that fails then I'm afraid unit will have to be swapped out.

Was unit bought from retail or provided by BT?

| Sat 9 Feb 2013 12:28:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

fmj323

Thanks Barry I did try this. I bought it from Currys and I am sure they will replace it. It's just very frustrating to have lost all of my recordings ..for the 2nd time. I'm totally unimpressed with Humax as I've had far cheaper but better quality hard drive recorders int he past.

| Sat 9 Feb 2013 12:33:13 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Tis strange one I must admit, have seen a few reports of similar, surprised support did not offer any advice to you as they must be aware of this.

| Sat 9 Feb 2013 12:36:38 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

fmj323

I agree Barry. I was told they were not aware of the problem and could only suggest I return it. Not good customer support in my opinion.

| Sat 9 Feb 2013 12:54:50 #5 |
  6. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Humax have definitely heard of this problem before. I will be kind and say their left hand does not know what their right hand is doing rather than accuse of them something worse. Swapping the box is the only solution they will admit to but I would be surprised if they cannot and do not ressurect these dead boxes over the USB link as they must have bricked a few themselves during development.

| Sat 9 Feb 2013 19:19:45 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.