My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Boot times

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BearNecessities

Anyone know how come my Humax foxsat hdr takes 30 seconds to boot usually, but today it has decided to turn on instantly every time?

Bit baffled by that, would be useful if i could get t the bottom of this inconsistency - because then i could presumably make sure it was the instant boot every time if i knew how?

| Fri 16 Dec 2011 16:28:59 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It was either recording at the time or awaiting the AR start signal (starts about 15 mins before a recording). If you use low power sby you can tell because the clock is displayed. The box is booted under these conditions pressing on merely turns on the video and audio outputs.

| Fri 16 Dec 2011 17:13:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

BearNecessities

Thanks for answering.

So does this mean i can deliberately put it into low power standby mode somehow, and therefore it will turn on every time without the 30 second boot?

| Fri 16 Dec 2011 18:18:43 #3 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

No. The lower power mode lets you see from the front panel display if the box is in recording standby mode, either actively recording or waiting for a recording to start. It will have already gone through the boot process from standby mode in that case.

If your viewing habits are fairly predictable then you can set the box to turn on automatically at the same time every day a few minutes before you want to start viewing or with the judicious use of one or more manually set Watch timers get a more flexible pattern of turn on times.

However I recommed that you do put the box back into standby overnight as this allows the box to do its housekeeping etc.

| Fri 16 Dec 2011 20:41:23 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.