My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Boot up issues

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

aod

My PVR has recently been having some start up issues.

Recently when turning on, the box appears to turn on, but the TV doesn't detect it and shows as 'No Signal'

If I turn the PVR off and back on again (remote), I've noticed instead of getting the usual 'Starting System' on the front display, and on the TV getting the Humax logo, instead it just displays the last channel selected on the display of the box and the TV shows 'no signal'.

I have to power the Humax box off at the back switch and then back on and it boots normally.

This doesn't happen all the time, but has started in the last few weeks. Also it seems to reboot randomly, although this seems to be when I have an ethernet cable plugged in. It seems ok when it's not plugged in.

I've also noticed the signal is often quite bad, pixelated, freezing / jumping etc, although this is likely to be the weather affecting it.

Just wondered if these symptoms are of any significance and if there are any fixes?

| Sun 21 Feb 2016 23:03:01 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's a known issue with some DLNA server software (eg some versions of Twonky Media). If you turn off content sharing (or delete the offending software) the rebooting should cease. The custom firmware for this box has other solutions for this issue.

In respect of other problem your aerial installation needs looking at. Initially check the interconnect coax cables as often they are the cause of reception problems.

| Mon 22 Feb 2016 10:48:56 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.