My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Box HDR-2000T

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

maxxie

Any reason why my box now switches off over night this has happened since recent channel upgrade. As instructed reset to factory setting.

| Sat 19 Aug 2017 19:31:36 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A factory reset changes all the user settings to defaults. The default setting for the Humax Freeview+ boxes is to turn on auto power off, which shuts down the box after 3 hrs or so after the last remote control operation,

A bit confused, why would you want to leave the box powered on all night ?

Apart from the extra power the constant writing and re-writing of the time shift buffer is likely to have some impact on the hard disk life.

| Sat 19 Aug 2017 19:52:17 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

maxxie

HI
    Thanks for your reply. My worry is if i am on holiday and i have set my box to record programmes over the time im away from home surely if the box has powered down it will not record my scheduled recordings.

| Sat 19 Aug 2017 20:14:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

maxxie - 47 minutes ago  » 
    My worry is if i am on holiday and i have set my box to record programmes over the time im away from home surely if the box has powered down it will not record my scheduled recordings.

It should make recordings from standby, just like every other Humax box NB putting it into standby is not powering down; it is putting it into a state where power consumption is reduced. If it doesn't wake up to record then it is faulty.

| Sat 19 Aug 2017 21:04:09 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

maxxie

Me again
    thanks martin will test your theory and schedule a recording for 04.00 am
    when i know the box goes to red until we press standby to watch telly the next day.

| Sun 20 Aug 2017 10:04:01 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

maxxie - 21 minutes ago  » 
    will test your theory and schedule a recording for 04.00 am

Obviously you'll need to do that for reassurance but its not a theory. It does state in the manual "Pressing the STANDBY button while recording will not stop the recording. New recordings will start even in standby mode".

Due to factors which don't apply to most mine actual records better when in stand-by, but for most it makes no difference!

| Sun 20 Aug 2017 10:30:17 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

maxxie - 14 hours ago  » 
    HI
    Thanks for your reply. My worry is if i am on holiday and i have set my box to record programmes over the time im away from home surely if the box has powered down it will not record my scheduled recordings.

It's a legal requirement for all such devices in the EU to be able to wake from low power sby to make scheduled recordings. Sby power in low power sby has to be less than 0.5W. The box wakes from full sby to recording sby about 15 minutes before a recording is due if the recording is set for a series or a one off accurate recording. This allows the box to watch for the broadcaster to signal the actual start of the recording. You can push the sby button any time you want. If the box is recording or about to record it will simply go into recording sby (which merely turns off the video and audio outputs). When recording is complete the box will go to low power sby. Same applies if you press the sby button while the box is processing multiple deletes.

I have two Humax Freesat+ pvrs and two Humax Freeview+ pvrs. Total sby power is about 2W. When on probably a total of 100W would be used adding around £100.00 to my annual electricity bill.

Of course if you pull out the plug it won't record anything

Incidentally Sky boxes don't comply thanks to a legal loophole in regard to ownership of the software (You can't record on a Sky box without a subscription). They never fully shutdown as a consequence use significantly more energy than a Freesat/Freeview pvr.

If away from home you way want to consider setting a 15 minute watch only daily timer. This will make sure that the epg gets refreshed every day. Not sure if the HDR-2000T refreshes the epg by itself every night.

| Sun 20 Aug 2017 11:12:31 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

With regard to recording from s/by, if the 2000T performs like the 1000S then you can rest easy. My 1000S is 5 years old and I am regularly away for periods of up to 6 weeks and it has never missed a recording.

| Sun 20 Aug 2017 13:49:15 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

maxxie

Thanks everyone for your input on test tonight

| Sun 20 Aug 2017 20:56:00 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.