My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HD

Box not responding to Remote Control

(5 posts)
  1. paulburke

Paul

Hi Guys,

I have a Foxsat HD that is not responding to the remote control. The box otherwise works fine, and can be controlled using the buttons on the front of the box.

I also have a Foxsat HDR, in a different room! The Foxsat remote works the Foxsat HDR, channel changes, volume, on/off etc! So I tried the HDR's remote on the Foxsat and it did not work!!!!

Any idea what might be wrong with the Foxsat box?

TIA,
    Paul.

| Sat 27 Jul 2019 12:11:13 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

batteryman

special member

2 suggestions

1. Have you pressed the PVR button on the remote? The TV button sometimes gets pressed by mistake and then the remote won't work the receiver.

2. Has the box been set to a different frequency? To check, press and hold the "0" and "OK" buttons until a screen message comes on. You can set the remote/receiver combination to one of 6 frequencies and if it's not set correctly it won't work. Useful when you have two or more boxes on at the same time; I currently have HDR2000T, FVP4000 and FVP5000 units all connected to the same TV using frequencies 1, 2 and 6. I'm getting rid of 2 of them when I've watched all the programmes on them!

Failing that you have either a dud remote, flat batteries or a dud receiver cell in the Foxsat HD. You can sometimes test remotes with a digital camera; hold the remote right up to the lens and press a button, you should see some kind of reponse on the camera screen. Easier to see in low light conditions or even darkness.

| Sat 27 Jul 2019 13:56:21 #2 |
  3. paulburke

Paul

Hi batteryman,

No2, was the solution, in fact I came back to report that is what I found. It would seem that sometime over the last few days, someone must have by accident reset it!

Anyway, for anyone else needing the solution, it is also here:here

| Sat 27 Jul 2019 14:34:24 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

chivchiv

Champions cup rugby , Saturday 3/4/2021
    Both the ospreys game and the dragons game were advertised on the internet , programme guides and on the actual programmes as having the option for English commentary on the red button.
    The red button would not work on my SKY Q television .
    The red button would not work on my Humax freeview television .
    The red button would work with my old aerial television.
    Please can you explain this ?
    Regards
    Graham

| Sat 3 Apr 2021 20:11:59 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

chivchiv - 1 hour ago  » 
    Champions cup rugby , Saturday 3/4/2021
    Both the ospreys game and the dragons game were advertised on the internet , programme guides and on the actual programmes as having the option for English commentary on the red button.
    The red button would not work on my SKY Q television .
    The red button would not work on my Humax freeview television .
    The red button would work with my old aerial television.
    Please can you explain this ?
    Regards
    Graham

Humax have not made Freeview TVs for years

Sky-Q have never made TV's.

Perhaps you might start by explaining what TV make and model you have and what external boxes you have connected by HDMI cables to your TV.

| Sat 3 Apr 2021 21:27:35 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.