My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Box Office 365

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigpaul

Just purchased Humax Freesat HDR 500, paid for Box Office 365, but most of the time unable to log in, screen informs me no connection wait 40 seconds. No problem with BBC Iplayer so far.
    Checked broadband speed 9.97 to 10.00 mb/s called BT line clear good signal.
    Did manage to log in last night, selected a movie, but picture no sound! logged out, unable to log in again????
    Where am I going wrong?

| Tue 20 Mar 2012 20:50:52 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigpaul

Update, re booted both the Humax box and router, checked for updated soft wear, no difference, also noted a substancial delay sometimes in receiving sound when changing channels and watching a recorded program.
    E Mailed Humax, I will never call a premium rate number, shame on the companies who charge for a telephone service when the product they have sold does not work.
    Will probably return the box if I do not receive help from Humax, Freesat or Box office 365.
    Great advert for their businesses.

| Wed 21 Mar 2012 11:54:18 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

1. BoxOffice 365 is still in beta as far as I am aware, so you can expect some problems no doubt. Not using the service myself so cannot comment on the issues you are raising.

2. 0844 are not premium rate numbers.

| Wed 21 Mar 2012 13:24:10 #3 |
  4. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Barry - 21 hours ago  » 
    2. 0844 are not premium rate numbers.

<rant>Whilst they may not be premium rate they do fall outside of inclusive call packages for most service providers, landline and mobile which means they incur a cost which would not have been incurred for a geographic phone number where the recipient does not share part of the revenue from the call.

The company I work for has to pay our voicemail provider for a geographic number in order to keep mobile calls into that voicemail number within inclusive minutes.

look up 'SayNOto0870' for alternatives. sorry bout the rant but it's a pet annoyance.

</rant>

| Thu 22 Mar 2012 10:30:02 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigpaul

Any number I cant access within my inclusive telephone package I will class as a premium rate number, their rate is 5p per minute, so they are asking their customers to pay for help with their unreliable products, asking to pay to be placed on hold, this is symtematic of the poor service we all experience from companies, I have checked say no to 0870 the only 'normal' number is reserved for foreign callers?????
    I have had my Humax product now less than 5 days and not only are several of the features not working, the box froze last night!! dare I say it, it is worse than the Sky box I just dumped but that was 3 years old, anyone else out their experiencing these difficulties?

| Thu 22 Mar 2012 11:30:11 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

bigpaul - 6 minutes ago  » 
    I have had my Humax product now less than 5 days and not only are several of the features not working, the box froze last night!!

Have you tried the latest beta software released recently which is intended to address freezing problems? Which features are not working?

| Thu 22 Mar 2012 11:38:03 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigpaul

Hi Martin
    I have been e mailing Humax several times a day, they did recommend re booting to factory settings, did this, part sucess, managed to access Box office 365 and I TV Iplayer picture and sound , but lost BBC I player?????
    They did recommend re booting AGAIN did this, no change.
    They did inform me the picture freezing would be sorted via a software update soon.
    I am rapidly loosing patience with this new purchase, and may well return the box tomorrow.

| Fri 23 Mar 2012 18:28:09 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

BBC iplayer via Red button and chan 901, ITV Player via chan 903 both working ok for me.

Anyone else having issues?

| Fri 23 Mar 2012 20:04:40 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigpaul

No thanx to Humax I have sort of a fix, ignore the EPG, and select the channels via their number or scroll down on the channel selctor, this so far has worked 100%.
    Can I assure this is not how it should be?, what is the point of the programme guide if it only works part of the time.
    Did I read somewhere the unit will accept a viewing card, how do you do that, I am sure the article indicated the sky card would work, if so would my old sky card bring in the free to air sky channels? as following the cancelling of my sky subscription I was still able to receive ch5 in Hi def.

| Mon 26 Mar 2012 18:32:37 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.