My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Box won't switch on by remote & missing recordings

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyppy

My mum has had her DTRT1000 for over 3 years. The last week or so her box won't turn on by remote control (batteries new). She has to switch it on at the back. This usually happens in the morning after the box has been on standby all night. Also, scheduled recordings aren't recording but are still on the Schedule screen after they should have recorded? Eastenders being the main culprit!
    I also have the same box and (fingers crossed) mine is fine.

Any advice would be great but please not too technical as I am technically challenged!

| Fri 7 Jul 2017 21:28:20 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

paulcroft

Ah, bother, that's what I've just checked in here for. I have the DTR-T1010, it's about 2-3 years old and it's just started doing the exact same thing. I've given it a couple of maintenance resets and also turned off the smart power so it never turns off in the night and it's made no difference. It's OK for about 3-4 days then, at some stage the 'next' day, or when I next go to turn it on and it just doesn't respond to the remote control nor does it respond to touching the power button. The only way to start it is by turning it off and on again via the switch on the back and anything which had been scheduled to record over the previous few hours (or days if I've been away) has not recorded - presumably since the un-noticed lock up. I've not tried a maintenance reset which deletes the recordings because (a) I don't want to lose some precious recordings and, (b) I can't see how this would resolve the issue. As of now I'm inclined to just get another and put this one into 'standby' so I've still got access to what's currently recorded unless someone can suggest a cure. How strange that you and I have the apparently identical problem starting within a few days of each other.

| Fri 21 Jul 2017 21:00:34 #2 |
  3. mickiow

mickiow

Hi, I have a DTR-T1012 Humax You View box, bought July 2016
    Doing the same freezing/locking up, sometimes when turning on from standby it wont start without my removing the main plug from the wall socket and then re booting, and find it has not recorded set programs, sometimes it suddenly freezing/locking during watching a recording.

What do Humax put this down too?
    The recorder is just so unreliable.

Can anyone suggest a better recorder please?
    Mick.

| Fri 11 Aug 2017 7:09:51 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

paulcroft

My DTR-T1010 is my fourth Humax and this is the first bother I've had with any of them. I've bought another to replace the 'jammed' one because I like the way they work and the ease of programming - especially using the YouView app on my phone - and hope it lasts longer; at least it comes with a 2 year warranty so I can get Humax to do something about it if there is a recurrence in the next 24 months.

| Sun 13 Aug 2017 11:09:14 #4 |
  5. mickiow

mickiow

mickiow - 2 days ago  » 
    Hi, I have a DTR-T1012 Humax You View box, bought July 2016
    Doing the same freezing/locking up, sometimes when turning on from standby it wont start without my removing the main plug from the wall socket and then re booting, and find it has not recorded set programs, sometimes it suddenly freezing/locking during watching a recording.
    What do Humax put this down too?
    The recorder is just so unreliable.
    Can anyone suggest a better recorder please?
    Mick.

Hi again,
    I am trying a FVP-4000T, that has the updated software I borrowed and so far it seems good, so what to do with my Y Vou box?
    Mick.

| Sun 13 Aug 2017 12:03:49 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

paulcroft

If there are programmes recorded on it that you want to keep why not just leave it plugged in, assuming you have a spare HDMI socket, then you can always turn it on to play a recording as and when the occasion arises. And who knows, maybe Humax will come up with an affordable solution at some stage, although I rather suspect pigs will fly before that happens.

| Sun 13 Aug 2017 15:35:39 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyppy

So 2 days ago I performed a Factory Reset Keep Recordings through the Maintenance Mode. This seems to have worked but I won't hold my breath too long!

| Sun 13 Aug 2017 18:04:19 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

paulcroft

Let's hope it works for you, it didn't for me.

| Mon 14 Aug 2017 13:05:30 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

markc

Same problem here with a DTR T1010. Remote or front switch don't work and have to unplug to force a reboot. I suspect this is from a firmware issue. How quickly to Humax respond to FW issues?

| Wed 13 Sep 2017 11:21:48 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.