My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Brand new 5000T locking up/not starting

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

kitenski

Bought last weekend as wanting to stop paying Virgin for TV. Set up a few series links and all looked good. Tried to turn it on Wed night, and it wouldn't turn on. Both the blue and red light were on.

Eventually pulled the plug and power recycled it. Been away for a night, came back this evening and exactly the same again.

Very dissapointed, it'll be going back if it can't do the basic task of recording and switching on!

From the app I saw this message in the attached image but power on was greyed out. Edit image to large but message said Disconnected. Your device is in standby mode.

From searching on here I've

1. Turned off Bravia Link (HDMI CEC) on the the Sony TV
    2. Turned off CEC on the Humax
    3. Turned off the network server on the Humax
    4. Set on a power on timer for 7am every morning.

Is there anything else I should try?

Thanks,

Greg

| Sat 22 Feb 2020 9:48:15 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

What signal strength and quality is it reporting. near max signal strength are known cause problems.

| Sat 22 Feb 2020 10:33:28 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

kitenski

Quality is 100% and signal fluctuates between 84 and 85%

| Sat 22 Feb 2020 10:44:40 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

Both the blue and red light were on.

This means that the box is recording.
    From the app I saw this message in the attached image but power on was greyed out. Edit image to large but message said Disconnected. Your device is in standby mode.

What app are you referring to? Does the same apply to the remote control?

| Sat 22 Feb 2020 11:17:09 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

kitenski

I was referring to the LiveTV app. I wasn’t aware of the remote app.

However having turned off network server that appears to have stopped the LiveTV app working!

| Sat 22 Feb 2020 11:29:04 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

kitenski - 1 day ago  » 
    However having turned off network server that appears to have stopped the LiveTV app working!

I was referring to the remote control - not an app. You say the box has locked up and won't turn on. How do you know that?

| Mon 24 Feb 2020 8:47:53 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

kitenski

GrahamRHK - 23 secs ago  » 

kitenski - 1 day ago  » 

I was referring to the remote control - not an app. You say the box has locked up and won't turn on. How do you know that?

How do I know? Because it doesn’t turn on? The lights stay red/blue. there is nothing displayed on the tv screen and the LiveTV app says the device is in standby and doesn’t give me the power on option. The lights on the remote light up. Powering it off at the mains and then back on and all the above worked.

| Mon 24 Feb 2020 8:50:14 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

How do I know? Because it doesn’t turn on? The lights stay red/blue. there is nothing displayed on the tv screen and the LiveTV app says the device is in standby and doesn’t give me the power on option. The lights on the remote light up. Powering it off at the mains and then back on and all the above worked.

I suspect there is an issue with the LiveTV app. I have never found it very useful. Please can you confirm that the FVP works normally when using the remote control. If the lights on the box show red/blue it is on and recording. If you can't see anything on your TV screen when you cycle the standby button on your remote control then there is either a problem with the HDMI connection to your TV or the FVP is faulty in some way.

| Mon 24 Feb 2020 9:21:35 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

kitenski

GrahamRHK - 2 mins ago  » 

I suspect there is an issue with the LiveTV app. I have never found it very useful. Please can you confirm that the FVP works normally when using the remote control. If the lights on the box show red/blue it is on and recording. If you can't see anything on your TV screen when you cycle the standby button on your remote control then there is either a problem with the HDMI connection to your TV or the FVP is faulty in some way.

No it was completely unresponsive using the remote control. I've done the steps I outlined in the first post and has worked fine now for 48 hours.

| Mon 24 Feb 2020 9:25:23 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

martinh

kitenski - 2 mnths ago  » 
    Bought last weekend as wanting to stop paying Virgin for TV. Set up a few series links and all looked good. Tried to turn it on Wed night, and it wouldn't turn on. Both the blue and red light were on.
    Eventually pulled the plug and power recycled it. Been away for a night, came back this evening and exactly the same again.
    Very dissapointed, it'll be going back if it can't do the basic task of recording and switching on!
    From searching on here I've
    1. Turned off Bravia Link (HDMI CEC) on the the Sony TV
    2. Turned off CEC on the Humax
    3. Turned off the network server on the Humax
    4. Set on a power on timer for 7am every morning.
    Is there anything else I should try?
    Thanks,
    Greg

We have periodic freezing/locking-up of our 5000T with both red and blue lights showing and the remote control unresponsive. When this happens we typically find that any recordings set up over the last day or so have failed. It takes a power-cycle to get it working again. Gets me into a lot of trouble with my wife, but fortunately programs can be watched on iplayer etc. I'll try your suggestions to see if they make a difference.

Martin

| Mon 11 May 2020 18:16:13 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.