My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Brand new FVP-4000T freezes on catch up programmes

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Old Jud

I purchased a brand new FVP-4000T from Richer Sounds yesterday, when I installed it I updated to the latest software, when I try to watch any catch up channel (ITV Hub,BBC iplayer ect) the programmes freeze randomly. I can be just a few minutes into the programme or near to the end,whatever I watch will not run to it\'s end without several lock ups. Prior to this purchase I owned a Panasonic PVR that played back catch up channels without a problem. The FVP-4000T is connected with an ethernet cable and I have high speed fibre-optic broadband.
    Could you please advise me as to a solution? Thanks in advance.

| Wed 28 Jun 2017 22:27:08 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

c4p

That is worrying, I would take it back to the shop as the catchup should be working fine.
    As you said you updated the software, that freezing shouldn't be happening.

| Sun 9 Jul 2017 23:58:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Old Jud

c4p - 4 weeks ago  » 
    That is worrying, I would take it back to the shop as the catchup should be working fine.

Sorry for the very late reply, catchup is now working fine.
    New problem is the manual re-tune I did last week, EPG is riddled with 'no programme information'.......I just can't win!

| Mon 7 Aug 2017 11:40:40 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Haggis54

Old Jud - 1 week ago  » 

c4p - 4 weeks ago  » 

Sorry for the very late reply, catchup is now working fine.
    New problem is the manual re-tune I did last week, EPG is riddled with 'no programme information'.......I just can't win!

Manually edit them, take note of the numbers with blank details and delete them. Or fresh install the whole lot, but you will lose your series link/recordings and fav folders you may or may not have created. Ie SD, HD, FILMS, DOCS etc, etc.

| Wed 16 Aug 2017 18:21:59 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

BB

@Haggis54 - You really shouldn't post advice when you don't know what you're talking about ...

| Wed 16 Aug 2017 18:42:30 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Haggis54

Sorry BB, here's me thinking I was on the Humax forum and not Your forum...

Was I disrespectful to you? So your telling me that my own experience of retuning my FVP and having multiple 'no programme information' was the result of my imagination and editing the dead channels out leaving the correct tuned channels was again, don't know what I'm talking about? Sorry but I was replying to the OP. If it's not the information then surely 'he/she' can speak for themselves?
    Honestly, I've been posting and helping on hundreds of forums for 26 years and you always think you've seen it all...

| Wed 16 Aug 2017 21:30:27 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Haggis54 - 5 days ago  » 
    Sorry BB, here's me thinking I was on the Humax forum and not Your forum...
    Was I disrespectful to you? So your telling me that my own experience of retuning my FVP and having multiple 'no programme information' was the result of my imagination and editing the dead channels out leaving the correct tuned channels was again, don't know what I'm talking about? Sorry but I was replying to the OP. If it's not the information then surely 'he/she' can speak for themselves?
    Honestly, I've been posting and helping on hundreds of forums for 26 years and you always think you've seen it all...

I'm afraid just editing channels out isn't likely to fix the OPs 'no programme information' problem as it occurs on correctly tuned channels all over the place, including after a manual tune, particularly when searching days in advance. I've spoken to Humax about it for months and they haven't produced or suggested a solution, other than swapping the box. I'm not sure that even this would help, judging from previous comments here.

| Tue 22 Aug 2017 14:55:01 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.