My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Brand New T2 and Samsung 5000 32" LED - No Signal

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spooner

Hi,

Hope someone can help me on here as I've just spent 4 hrs trying to get my Fox-T2 to work with my Samsung 5000 32" LED TV.

Both bought brand new today. Samsung set up OK (albeit unable to connect my sons Wii to it's normal connector - had to use Scart). Anyway, set-up the T2 and connected it via HDMI to the Samsung. Switched on - all good, channels searched and saved. Left it on and then ... pop. T2 Turned itself off and the Samsung reports 'No Signal'. Various switches off's of the TV/T2 finally resulted in it coming back on and syncing..but then...it goes off again. Now I can't get it to work all. The round button on the front is blue (sometimes red) but nothing in the display in orange. I've tried - different HDMI slot on Samsung, different HDMI cable, a Scart lead and my old plasm Samsung- nothing works. I just don't understand how it was working and now isn't. The fan on the back isn't spinning either..shoudl it?

Any ideas before I launch it back to Comets tomorrow ?

Thanks in advance...

| Sat 28 Jan 2012 23:19:08 #1 |
  2. Wallace

Wallace

special member

Sounds like you got a dud T2. Mine did that. It let me tune everything in then the next time I came to use it...nothing. Took it straight back to John Lewis (where I got it from) and they exchanged it then and there.

The replacement is faultless. Bugger, just tempted fate.

I recommend you take it back ASAP.

FWIW. The fan does not run all the time. It cycles on/off when required so don't think because it's not on all the time that's a fault.

| Sun 29 Jan 2012 0:01:56 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spooner

Cheers - It's going back for a refund. I'll try something else. Is there a factory reset button on these. I read tonight that there is one 'under the flap'... the only flap I can see is where the USB slot is on the right hand side...?

| Sun 29 Jan 2012 0:10:59 #3 |
  4. Wallace

Wallace

special member

No factory reset button that I am aware of. You can do a factory reset from the main menu, but that's useless if it's not 'firing up'!

I would exchange rather than replace. It sounds strange to say this under the current circumstance, but it really is a good bit of kit!

| Sun 29 Jan 2012 0:20:04 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spooner

..at moment I'd like to fling it up the garden wasted my Saturday night and now it's eating into my day-off to get it sent back. I've had Humax before which was why I bought this one... I'll see how I feel when I get there and how Comet handle it. If they try to give me any of the 'We'll repair it Sir' rubbish they can take a hike.

| Sun 29 Jan 2012 0:25:33 #5 |
  6. Wallace

Wallace

special member

Don't fall for that, exchange or refund only.

Another reason to stick with the T2 is that there is custom firmware available that makes it even better!

Take a look over at: http://hummy.tv/forum/index.php for more information. Even if you choose not to use the CF, I think it's a great PVR.

I can understand your frustration. I was the same.

| Sun 29 Jan 2012 0:30:20 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spooner

It's packed up now and waiting to go back. A quick scan of Comet's website reveals they don't repair 'Humax' so it's cash back or another unit.

Can I trust another one - I might as well go for a Grade A on their own site..

http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/product.asp?ProdRef=10104#reviews

| Sun 29 Jan 2012 0:41:33 #7 |
  8. Wallace

Wallace

special member

Please come back here and let us know how you 'got on'.

| Sun 29 Jan 2012 14:31:01 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spooner

OK - update...

Off I went to Comet 1st this morning. My local one, not where I purchased it from. They were excellent. They just said they had to test it, which we did and ... dead. Exchanged for the last one in the shop.

Got it home, only change I made during set-up was to turn 'off' the 'power save' mode - on my faulty one I left it as default which was 'on'. Scanned all the channels and stored them fine. It's been on and off all day and so far...no issues. Paired up fine. I daren't not make any changes for now. I must of had a 'Friday special'....

On the upside, my sons Wii has now started to work via the jack plug connector on the Samsung telly.

I look forward to many happy hours use. Thanks for your views over the last 24hrs.

cheers.

| Sun 29 Jan 2012 19:03:49 #9 |
  10. Wallace

Wallace

special member

Very glad you are 'sorted'.

It has been discussed elsewhere. It appears that companies seem to be leaving the final quality control to the unsuspecting end user. They seem to think it's worth 'taking the hit' when they get 'the odd faulty return' rather than spending time (which is money) on doing a full soak/QC test in the factory.

Surly they realise that Brand loyalty is a very important factor and if you loose that, you are on a hiding-to-nothing.
    Just as you were demonstrating. You previously owned a Humax, you where happy enough with it to buy another Humax product when the time came. When that let you down, you were going to get a refund and no doubt, buy a different brand. They shot themselves in the foot.

Still, hopefully, it worked out in the end.

Enjoy.

| Sun 29 Jan 2012 19:27:25 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.