My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

BT Freeview DTR T2100 hard disk drive recovery

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

db_york

My box failed a couple of weeks ago, no signs of power (no blue light) so I suspect the internal power supply circuit failed. External power supply is fine. I bought another T2100 exactly the same hoping to be able to swap the old hard drive into it. Unfortunately the box then was stuck in an endless startup loop so I gave up on that idea and bought an enclosure for the hard drive.

I've attached it by USB and expected just to be able to query the disk from windows but on googling I find I can't expect to do that. In windows Computer Management the drive shows up with seven partitions all showing as "healthy"; also the disk properties show it as having partition style "master boot record MBR)". I was hoping to use the various tools like humaxrw or humaxreadfiles but they don't detect the disk at all.

Humaxrw gives "humax disk not found"
    Humaxcheck gives "humax disk: no such file or directory"

Any suggestions what to try next? Could it be a MBR problem?

| Sun 15 Jul 2018 14:38:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

db_york - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Humaxrw gives "humax disk not found"
    Humaxcheck gives "humax disk: no such file or directory"

Humaxrw and Humaxcheck are tools for dealing with the proprietary files system format used on the PVR-9200T, PVR-9150T and the PVR-9300T; they are of no relevance for any other models.

Could it be a MBR problem?

I doubt it.

Any suggestions what to try next?

I think the file system is probably Linux XFS so you could try with a Linux distribution bootable from a USB stick or CD. HD recordings will be encrypted and not usable on another box. The SD recordings may be unencrypted and recoverable. Let us know how you get on.

| Sun 15 Jul 2018 14:53:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

db_york

I tried various tools that supposedly allow access to Linux from Windows but got nowhere (ext2fsd, ext2explore, linux_reader, linux_recovery). A previous attempt revealed files with no folder structure and meaningless file names (might've been with minitool partition wizard).

I've officially given up! but thanks for the help

| Sun 15 Jul 2018 18:52:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

db_york - 36 minutes ago  » 
    I tried various tools that supposedly allow access to Linux from Windows but got nowhere (ext2fsd, ext2explore, linux_reader, linux_recovery).

You need something that will mount XFS file systems; as far as I know none of the tools you have mentioned will do this.

| Sun 15 Jul 2018 19:30:52 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.