My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

BT/TalkTalk box vs Retail

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alloneword

There have already been a couple of posting about this but these were sometime ago so just wondering if we have moved on any since then.

I'm thinking about picking up a cheapo 2nd hand unit on Fleabay or something and just wondering if i get BT/TalkTalk version will I be able to apply Humax updates to it etc, are they just re-badged or loaded with tons of junk software etc.

All1

| Sun 12 Jan 2014 2:52:07 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

I don't believe the Talk Talk version is made by Humax so no chance of any Humax updates for that box.
    As far as I'm aware the YouView side of things are all the same, but you will get different extra on-demand content depending on if your either a BT Broadband or Talk Talk Broadband customer.

| Sun 12 Jan 2014 9:11:30 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Alloneword - 7 hours ago  » 
    There have already been a couple of posting about this but these were sometime ago so just wondering if we have moved on any since then.
    I'm thinking about picking up a cheapo 2nd hand unit on Fleabay or something and just wondering if i get BT/TalkTalk version will I be able to apply Humax updates to it etc, are they just re-badged or loaded with tons of junk software etc.
    All1

The BT Humax boxes receive updates as determined by BT. This is the case both for boxes initially obtained from BT, and also for BT-badged Humax boxes initially bought retail. So if you buy one secondhand, it will have (or download on setup) the current BT version, not the retail Humax version. Regardless of what ISP you use.

See the thread in the YouView forum beginning at https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/keyboard_support-e2hnd

The YouView forum software no longer copes with linking to a specific post, but the YouView spokesman's statement is the last but one in the thread.

| Sun 12 Jan 2014 10:38:50 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

-gonzo- - 1 hour ago  » 
    I don't believe the Talk Talk version is made by Humax so no chance of any Humax updates for that box.

Talk Talk did initially supply Humax boxes but for some time they have been supplying Huawei boxes.

| Sun 12 Jan 2014 11:06:47 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.