My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Buffering HDR Fox T2

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

GH80

Hi. I have a question regarding buffering (if that's what its called) at the beginning and end of programmes. I went away for 2 months and recorded the entire series of masterchef (sad but true) and have it set up to buffer about 2 mins at the start and end of programmes.

However i have begun watching it and as the series progresses, the recording seems to start earlier and earlier, so that it records about 10 mins before Masterchef comes on and then misses off the end which is obviously the most 'exciting' bit!! So i am missing who gets out through EVERY time and getting the end of kakky Eastenders at the start (if that makes sense) :-/

Does anyone know what's gone wrong? Is it something to do with the clocks not being synchronised?

| Fri 15 May 2015 16:25:33 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Interesting problem. When you set up padding the box wakes up at the set times, with AR it wakes up 15 minutes early. It's possible the clock gets updated during this 15Min period, as a result the clock gets progressively inaccurate. If so simply add a auto on and auto off daily before the first recording.

| Fri 15 May 2015 18:07:18 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

The HDR-FOX T2 is subject to clock drift. Won't matter for AR but for padded or manual recordings either extra padding should be added or the HDR-FOX T2 needs to have a cold restart (i.e. mains power off) to reset the clock every now and again.

Why was padding being used? CBBC HD has been poor recently but usually the BBC is OK.

| Fri 15 May 2015 19:09:02 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Luke - 37 minutes ago  » 
    The HDR-FOX T2 is subject to clock drift. Won't matter for AR but for padded or manual recordings either extra padding should be added or the HDR-FOX T2 needs to have a cold restart (i.e. mains power off) to reset the clock every now and again.
    Why was padding being used? CBBC HD has been poor recently but usually the BBC is OK.

Both my HDR-FOX-T2 boxes haven't been powered off for months. The clock is OK. A normal boot to a accurate recording schedule, or a daily boot using a power on/off timer will resync the clock.

It used to be the same with the epg, using padding for more than 7 days meant you had no epg left (This also used to rely on the 15 minute pre recording AR check). The same solution worked.

Progressive boots with the aerial removed will display both issues.

| Fri 15 May 2015 19:51:42 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Luke if you want to check this out. Set padding times on a HDR FOX T2. Every day boot the box with aerial out and check the time. Shutdown and replace the aerial. When the clock has a significant time error boot the box with the aerial in. The clock error will be corrected. If you can be bothered remove the padding, and repeat. The clock will not get out of synch within the limits of the display no matter how long you try it. Neither will you get failed recordings due to the box internal clock being incorrect.

Basically the issue is related to tuner 1 not being used to actually record when the box is booted.

| Fri 15 May 2015 21:23:38 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

GH80

Luke - 2 hours ago  » 

I always have it on just in case really. Stupid question but what's AR?

| Fri 15 May 2015 21:48:05 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

GH80

Thanks for your replies. So what exactly do i have to do? Shall i check if the other recordings on other channels were the same?

| Fri 15 May 2015 21:50:04 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

yabeeb - 13 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for your replies. So what exactly do i have to do? Shall i check if the other recordings on other channels were the same?

Accurate Recording. It's the system the broadcasters use to automatically start and stop recording when the actual broadcast starts and stops. Setting padding disables this. If you set padding the box boots at the scheduled time adjusted by the padding. If for any reason the programme varies from the scheduled time by more than the padding you will lose content.

All the major channels normally work well without padding using AR.

If you want to continue using padding for an extended period you need to set a manual wake up every day.

Menu - Settings - Preferences - Power On Timer/Power Off Timer.

Suggest 06:00 on, Volume your normal setting, repeat daily, any normal channel broadcasting 24/7. BBC1-HD will do.

Power off 15 mins later.

| Fri 15 May 2015 22:19:04 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

grahamlthompson - 12 hours ago  » 
    Luke if you want to check this out....

Thnaks. I will try hhis out but not quite yet as I've only got a HDR-FOX T2 with software 1.02.20 set up that I could curently experiment with. (I've curently got a BT/Humax Youview, a TalkTalk Youview, a HDR-2000T installed in addition to 2 of the HDR-FOX T2s so it
    But I suspect you are correct as my HDR-FOX T2 has not been cold booted for a while and it hasn't drifted signficantly, if at all.

grahamlthompson - 11 hours ago  » 
    If you want to continue using padding for an extended period you need to set a manual wake up every day.
    Suggest 06:00 on, Volume your normal setting, repeat daily, any normal channel broadcasting 24/7. BBC1-HD will do.
    Power off 15 mins later.

Providing the HDR-FOX T2 is on software 1.3.12 that is no longer neccessary. The software check at 4:30 a.m. now extends for long enough that the epg is populated. See the release notes for 1.03.12
    http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product_releases.php?gid=476&pid=6

| Sat 16 May 2015 10:54:47 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Luke - 1 hour ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 12 hours ago  » 
    Luke if you want to check this out....

Thnaks. I will try hhis out but not quite yet as I've only got a HDR-FOX T2 with software 1.02.20 set up that I could curently experiment with. (I've curently got a BT/Humax Youview, a TalkTalk Youview, a HDR-2000T installed in addition to 2 of the HDR-FOX T2s so it
    But I suspect you are correct as my HDR-FOX T2 has not been cold booted for a while and it hasn't drifted signficantly, if at all.

grahamlthompson - 11 hours ago  » 
    Power off 15 mins later.

Providing the HDR-FOX T2 is on software 1.3.12 that is no longer neccessary. The software check at 4:30 a.m. now extends for long enough that the epg is populated. See the release notes for 1.03.12
    http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product_releases.php?gid=476&pid=6

Yes but is the clock re-synched at the same time ?

| Sat 16 May 2015 12:43:45 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.