My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Changing post code in the Humax HDR 1100s

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

greenlion

Hi,I want to change the post code in my Humax HDR 1100s but I can't find anywhere within settings to allow me to do this,I don't even see an option to retune the box. When I go into settings there is no installation menu and having Googled it my only option appears to be resetting it to its factory settings but surely if I do that I will lose any pre-recorded content and there's a lot of it! Please can anyone offer a solution,failing that can someone confirm if I'm right about losing my recordings before I do it,thank you

| Sun 3 Nov 2019 12:03:33 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Many settings a greyed out and not available when either recording or during the 15 min pre-recording period (If padding=auto).

The easy way to change postcode is during a freesat tune.

A reset to default (factory reset) does NOT delete recordings but does wipe the planner as does the freesat tune. Taking a picture of the recoding Schedule makes re-entering it easy.

| Sun 3 Nov 2019 12:08:18 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

greenlion

Hi,many thanks for your prompt reply it's very much appreciated.Please can you advise how I go about doing a freesat tune,I don't see that as an option within settings and I'm neither recording or have any planned recordings until later on today,thank you

| Sun 3 Nov 2019 12:15:34 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Go to settings, on the right there is a massive > with "more" across it, which you may have overlooked. go right then select "Freesat Channels" you want the channel search option.

| Sun 3 Nov 2019 12:27:36 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

greenlion

Excellent, thanks very much for your help

| Sun 3 Nov 2019 12:45:02 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Greenlion,

Not sure if you know this. But, another thing you can do is to change the Postcode to watch/record another ITV region. I know you can watch via non Freesat mode, but can be useful if you want to watch another region. The only disadvantage is that if you decide to revert back to another postcode/ your own area, you have to retune whole box + redo all your schedules again. John

| Sun 3 Nov 2019 17:00:57 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.