My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Can’t set screen resolution

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

canalhopper

I supppose I must have done something to my Humax box, but I don’t know what.
    Now I can’t set the screen resolution. It has shrunk and now has a thick black gap down each side. The top and bottom are OK.
    I’ve been to Menu, Settings, TV Setup, Screen Ratio and Display Format and tried all sorts of combinations, to no avail.
    Please can someone help?
    Many thanks.

| Tue 23 Oct 2018 20:42:27 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Try pressing the Wide button (bottom left) one or more times.

| Tue 23 Oct 2018 21:06:55 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

canalhopper

Thank you for your reply, Gomez. But where is the wide button, please? I don’t see it on the TVSetup page.....

| Tue 23 Oct 2018 21:09:52 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

canalhopper

Ok, Gomazz I’ve found “Wide” it was bottom right on the remote. Nothing happens when I press it repeatedly except that a message comes up saying “14.9 pillar box” on the top right on the screen.

| Tue 23 Oct 2018 21:20:31 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Start by telling us which channel and programme you were watching and the make model of the TV.

The channel you are watching may be transmitting 4:3 content padded to 16:9 with black pixels at the edges which at a guess is the native frame aspect of your TV. If you switch to a true 16:9 channel like BBC1-HD on 106 do you get a full screen picture ?

If you have a FULL-HD TV with 1920 x 1080 pixels and are tuned to a channel transmitting other than a 16:9 image then it is impossible to display a full screen image on a 16:9 display when the source channel has a frame aspect ratio other than 16:9 without shrinking the image to fit withoout shrinking the image to fit thus creating black pixels to hide the contentb the screen cannot display or distorting the image or moving content off the screen so yoy can't see it. A modern TV have a fixed display resolution. only a source with a 1:1 pixel ratio from source to TV will fit exactly.

| Tue 23 Oct 2018 21:40:34 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

canalhopper

Thank you both for all your help.
    I have found out the problem——at some point I must have pressed a button called v-format. By working systematically through all the buttons in the bottom three rows of the remote, I rectified the situation using the v-format button.
    So thank you again.

| Tue 23 Oct 2018 21:52:49 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.