My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Can anyone help me with FTP?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

gallopinhairpin

I want to transfer some files from my HDR-2000T to my PC. I've set Content Share and FTP Server to ON but have so far been unable to establish a connection with FTP.

The HDR-2000T is connected via a wired LAN, appears in my Windows network and I can play files using WMP.

I contacted Support through a chat page and the person who responded emailed some instructions but these appeared incomplete and I wasn't successful in achieving a connection so I replied asking for more information but have had no further response.

The instructions stated to manually enter an IP and Gateway address on the HDR-2000T then install FileZilla. The details on setting up a connection in FileZilla were missing and nothing I've tried so far has worked.

Once I'd manually set the IP the HDR-2000T disappeared from my Windows network so I reverted to the DHCP setting which gave different IP and Gateway values. I've also tried this IP in NetZilla with no joy.

If anyone familiar with NetZilla knows what values to enter in the Quickconnect bar I should be very grateful. I have assumed the HDR-2000T would accept anonymous login using the default password (which I haven't changed) but if I enter the DHCP IP address, leave the Username and Port boxes blank and enter the default password I get the following error message:-

Status: Connection attempt failed with "EAI_NONAME - Neither nodename nor servname provided, or not known"
    Error: Could not connect to server

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

| Wed 7 Mar 2018 15:50:27 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try setting up a connection in Filezilla.

File - File Manager - Add new Site

Host - Your Box IP address

Protocol FTP - File Transfer Protocol

Encryption - Use Explicit FTP over TLS if available

Logon Type - Normal

User HumaxFTP

Password 0000 (four zeros)

| Wed 7 Mar 2018 15:58:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

gallopinhairpin

Thank you so much Graham, that has worked.

After all that it was just the Username that I was lacking.

| Wed 7 Mar 2018 16:16:53 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

gallopinhairpin - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thank you so much Graham, that has worked.
    After all that it was just the Username that I was lacking.

You are welcome. Happy Filecopying

| Wed 7 Mar 2018 17:54:30 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

murrayzz1

Tired this on my FVP-5000T and it did not work. So I went to "settings->File Share->Password.

The password is set to "off" by default, so you have to go and change it, and the username is fixed to "admin".

Enter and confirm a new password and click "OK". THen follow these instructions replacing "HumaxFTP" with "admin" and "0000" with whatever password you set and Filezilla will connect.

| Sun 13 Feb 2022 18:17:19 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.