My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Can I change the TV region?

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

lencuff

I've just retuned my box and now noticed that the region is E Mids when all the other TVs in the house are set to Yorkshire & Lincolnshire?
    On all the TVs there is an option at the end of the retune to select the region but this doesn't appear on the Humax box?

Anyone know how to change the region or am I stuck with the Humax on the wrong one?

| Tue 8 Aug 2017 8:54:29 #1 |
  2. RogerB

RogerB

special member

After a recent re-tune (to make way for new/more channels) I got this screen at the end of the scan. Not quite your issue as this seems to be suggesting that several regions were found (as opposed to just one wrong one). As you can see the options are not readable and Humax customer services did not have any suggestion except to unplug the unit, power up again and have another go. This I did and this time there were no options offered and, luckily, the region which everything settled on was correct. The only suggestion I can make is to have another go. R-

Attachments

1. IMG_2373.JPG (1863.4 KB, 0 downloads) 6 years old
    | Tue 8 Aug 2017 10:51:07 #2 |
  3. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Presumably the Humax has picked up the signal from a different transmitter to the one your TVs have used.
    If you find which transmitter the Yorkshire & Lincolnshire region uses, you could manually retune the Humax using the frequencies that transmitter uses.

It is also possible that the Humax has picked up the signal for more than one transmitter and the Y&L channels could have much higher channel numbers in the 800s.

If this is the case than a manual retune is advisable to avoid recording conflicts and failures.

https://ukfree.tv/maps/freeview

| Tue 8 Aug 2017 12:36:12 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

lencuff

Thanks for the replies, got it sorted. I was using the SMART option rather than the Default!!
    Once I retuned I got the options I was expecting but now have to recheck future recordings in case they have been lost!!

| Tue 8 Aug 2017 13:08:55 #4 |
  5. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I always take photos of my schedule before any retuning, otherwise I'd forget what was there.

| Tue 8 Aug 2017 13:15:39 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Treboeth

Stephenesque - 2 hours ago  » 
    I always take photos of my schedule before any retuning, otherwise I'd forget what was there.

It`s not just me that does it then

| Tue 8 Aug 2017 15:36:00 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardCD

lencuff - 2 years ago  » 
    Thanks for the replies, got it sorted. I was using the SMART option rather than the Default!!
    Once I retuned I got the options I was expecting but now have to recheck future recordings in case they have been lost!!

Thanks for that -- solved my issue with the unit choosing the wrong BBC region (I live on a hill so can receive three different regions!). But I would never have thought it was within that option Smart/Default option if you hadn't have said so!

| Sat 28 Mar 2020 9:18:16 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.