My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Can I create a .nts file manually?

(24 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I would suggest you delete both sidecar files before you reprocess the file. It is possible that AV2HDR will try and load the existing file and update it if it exists.

| Mon 24 Sep 2012 13:33:03 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

mamos22

ok thanks REPASSAC, have done so but so far hasn't made a difference, cheers, will keep trying as there must be a way around this

| Mon 24 Sep 2012 15:36:04 #12 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I think it may be worth copying the file afresh from the Foxsat.

| Mon 24 Sep 2012 16:43:47 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mamos22

REPASSAC, the file is ripped from a dvd into mkv, then converted to ts and then ftp to humax box using AV2HDR, have had limited success with Super v2012 v53 but no sound so am now trying again after tweaking setting in super but always looking for an mkv to ts converter that actually is compatible with the humax and takes less than 2hrs per conversion!

| Mon 24 Sep 2012 17:25:50 #14 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Ahhh - I have has lots of problems with sound from a wedding DVD (daughter) so spent some time on it - i neeeded to remux the audio.

| Mon 24 Sep 2012 17:35:15 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

mamos22

hah and to think before I joined this forum I wouldn't have had a clue what you were talking about but now with a lot of help from all of you in the past and tweaking stuff to tfr to the humax I know exactly what you mean, I have been able to copy my dvds across to the humax hdr with success using "handbrake" to rip to mkv and "xmedia recode" to convert to ts before dragging the ts file to AV2HDR using the ftp settings, BUT this particular episode I am trying to copy has had me trying just about everything!

| Mon 24 Sep 2012 17:48:48 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mamos22 - 20 minutes ago  » 
    REPASSAC, the file is ripped from a dvd into mkv, then converted to ts and then ftp to humax box using AV2HDR, have had limited success with Super v2012 v53 but no sound so am now trying again after tweaking setting in super but always looking for an mkv to ts converter that actually is compatible with the humax and takes less than 2hrs per conversion!

You are doing an unnecessary conversion. DVD rips are normally mpeg2 in a .vob container.

If you have only 1 AV2HDR if I remember rightly will open .vob files as is.

If more than one, drag first to tsmuxer add button, drag rest to join button. Output as .ts or M2ts.

Lookout for a pm.

| Mon 24 Sep 2012 17:56:36 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

mamos22

ok cheers Graham, reason I ripped to mkv was because i wasn't haven't much success with the .vob files and couldn't easily identify which ones to use and still had even less success with tsmuxergui as always seemed to lose the audio in the resulting file?

| Mon 24 Sep 2012 18:08:23 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mamos22 - 18 minutes ago  » 
    ok cheers Graham, reason I ripped to mkv was because i wasn't haven't much success with the .vob files and couldn't easily identify which ones to use and still had even less success with tsmuxergui as always seemed to lose the audio in the resulting file?

The ones you want are numbered xxxxxo.vob, xxxxx1.vob xxxxx2.vob etc. Ignore VIDEO_TS.vob

The audio should be OK, if there is multiple audio select the ac3, mp2 or .wav track in AV2HDR.

| Mon 24 Sep 2012 18:31:16 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

mamos22

ok Graham will try again and let you know of any issues, cheers

| Mon 24 Sep 2012 18:40:04 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.