My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Can I create a .nts file manually?

(24 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mamos22

Graham, the episode I am trying to copy and move to the humax is on a dvd of 3 episodes but 8 vob files, each episode is approx 50mins but none of the vobs match the start of episodes and are either 30mins or 12mins so not easy to identify and split which vobs I need, what would you do in this situation?

| Mon 24 Sep 2012 20:16:17 #21 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I would use Videoredoplus or VideoredoTVsuite (which I have a copy) to join the vobs and then locate the sections I want to export as seperate .ts files. It's lightning fast as it doesn't recode compliant content. So you finish up with seperate files for each title. Simple then to AV2HDR each one. You can cut and split using free software but non comes close to VideoRedo in speed and ease of use. VLC can split based on timecode but it's not easy to use. The TVsuite version lets you author DVD's and the H264version will split,extract and join HD content as well as mpeg content editing.

Try the trial version of Videoredo Plus

http://www.videoredo.com/en/ProductPlus.htm

| Mon 24 Sep 2012 20:51:14 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mamos22

ok thanks for your advice Graham, will give it a try, have now been able to copy this episode across but have ended up with a 3.8Gb file for a 50min episode. Hopefully Videoredo Plus will save me a lot of time for future transfers. Cheers
    Mark

| Mon 24 Sep 2012 21:06:38 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mamos22 - 16 minutes ago  » 
    ok thanks for your advice Graham, will give it a try, have now been able to copy this episode across but have ended up with a 3.8Gb file for a 50min episode. Hopefully Videoredo Plus will save me a lot of time for future transfers. Cheers
    Mark

Ouch

A non freesat/fta box recording of Dr Who will fit on a DVD blank easily in 1920 x 1080 using AVCHD.

| Mon 24 Sep 2012 21:27:24 #24 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.