My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Can I disable the 'rescan' notice

(7 posts)
  1. smarts

smarts

Evening All,

Is it possible to stop the 'please rescan' banner appearing at power-on? I don't need to keep up with every tiny channel change and, more importantly, it's a pita to re-enter all the recording schedules when one of the kids unwittingly hits 'ok'.

I have had a look within the menus but I can't find the setting I need...

Any assistance much appreciated

| Tue 29 Nov 2011 22:08:28 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

smarts - 20 minutes ago  » 
    Is it possible to stop the 'please rescan' banner appearing at power-on? I don't need to keep up with every tiny channel change and, more importantly, it's a pita to re-enter all the recording schedules when one of the kids unwittingly hits 'ok'.
    I have had a look within the menus but I can't find the setting I need...

There is no such setting. The only work around is to install the user community enhanced firmware which (amongst other things) allows the recording schedule to be backed up before the scan and restored afterwards.

| Tue 29 Nov 2011 22:31:03 #2 |
  3. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Good Lord! That is a show stopper for me ever getting one of those then.

| Tue 29 Nov 2011 23:37:19 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Never seen the rescan banner on the HDR T2 with channel changes....are you going thru digital switch over? - If not can you state your transmitter, and I'll ask Humax Towers if they are aware of anything untoward.

| Wed 30 Nov 2011 0:31:39 #4 |
  5. smarts

smarts

We're on the Sudbury transmitter - and we went thru digital switch over back in the summer.

I was under the impression (but very happy to be wrong) that the 'smarter' tuners in the house (specifically the HDR FOX T2 and the Panasonic Viera TV) have been wanting to rescan based on relatively obscure changes - say the addition of another shopping channel, or even changes to the radio station line-up; stuff that we won't care about on a day-to-day basis.

Meanwhile the 'dumb' tuners don't know or care, so they don't prompt us to rescan - we have to notice that something's missing or moved.

The Panasonic TV has the menu option to disable the rescan prompt. I'd hoped the HDR would have a similar option.

Anyway, would appreciate any light you can cast on this issue Barry - many thanks.

| Sun 4 Dec 2011 22:25:36 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

smarts - 1 hour ago  » 
    The Panasonic TV has the menu option to disable the rescan prompt. I'd hoped the HDR would have a similar option.

The only way I know to help with this problem is to install the user community enhanced software for the HDR which will allow you to back up the schedule before the rescan and restores it after the rescan. There are people investigating how to turn it off but nothing useful so far.

| Mon 5 Dec 2011 0:18:48 #6 |
  7. smarts

smarts

Quick update: Thanks for all your thoughts on this, but the rescan prompt has gone away now. I don't know if the prompt has a pre-set 'nag duration' - which gives up after a while - or whether we were being prompted because of the switch-over of a neighbouring transmitter (Tacolneston).

All good for now then - and thanks again.

Martin

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 8:14:37 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.