My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Can I use a HD-FOX T2 for French TV

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

peter 05

Can I use a HDR-FOX T2 for French TV, I know I will not get a 7 day EPG, but will I be able to stop or rewind and record and will I be able to get the French HD channels in order ie starting at 1,

If no one can answer this question I will buy one and try it, and report back
    Many thanks
    Peter

| Fri 17 Aug 2012 13:05:40 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

peter - I somewhow get the impression that you have not esplained the whole story. Would you be planning to use the (PAL) T2 only in France on the French (SECAM) system or are you hoping to move it backwards amd forwards or perhaps also have s saterlite feed in France. What TV will you use it with and how will you connect it.

I don't know if it would work at all - sound compatability (differing frequency) is a standard problem - It really is not suited to the French system - why not go for one of the saterlite PVRs that Humax make for France. Humax France

| Fri 17 Aug 2012 14:28:26 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

peter 05

Thanks for the reply Repassac, I will only using the box in France, I have a LG 42 inch TV HD ready, with Freeview which I use for TNT but no HD, I have satellite for UK Freesat Humax hdr,
    But did not realize Humax did a French box, so I will look at getting one of them, as I just want to record and be able to stop and replay programs on TNT not satellite like I can on my Uk Humax hdr box

Thanks again
    Peter

PS Thanks for the link

| Fri 17 Aug 2012 15:56:22 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I think Humax on do SAT TNT - however there are quite some others on the market try a seach on "enregistreur TNT HD". You can get TNT from SAT or from a Ter. Broadcast.

| Fri 17 Aug 2012 16:42:11 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

REPASSAC - 2 hours ago  » 
    peter - I somewhow get the impression that you have not esplained the whole story. Would you be planning to use the (PAL) T2 only in France on the French (SECAM) system or are you hoping to move it backwards amd forwards or perhaps also have s saterlite feed in France. What TV will you use it with and how will you connect it.
    I don't know if it would work at all - sound compatability (differing frequency) is a standard problem - It really is not suited to the French system - why not go for one of the saterlite PVRs that Humax make for France. Humax France

The issues you quote above are all to do with analogue TV. There is no such thing as SECAM on digital. Nor is the audio at a different frequency offset from the video, it's all just data in the multiplex on digital. The TV also won't object provided it is fed by either RGB SCART or HDMI.

There may well be issues with what the poster is proposing to do, but they aren't any of the ones you have described.

| Fri 17 Aug 2012 16:47:24 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The Sound was only an issue on RF out - scart always worked. I did not know SECAM did not effect digital - ta for the info.

| Fri 17 Aug 2012 16:54:08 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

peter 05

Owen Smith - 3 minutes ago  » 

REPASSAC - 2 hours ago  » 

The issues you quote above are all to do with analogue TV. There is no such thing as SECAM on digital. Nor is the audio at a different frequency offset from the video, it's all just data in the multiplex on digital. The TV also won't object provided it is fed by either RGB SCART or HDMI.
    There may well be issues with what the poster is proposing to do, but they aren't any of the ones you have described.

Thanks for that, I know my terrestrial digital Freeview works ok and gives me TNT terrestrial digital, which is why I wonderd if a Humax HDR-FOX T2 would work for me, I may not have exsplained what I want to do very well so I appologise for that, I have decided I only want to buy a Humax box as I have been so pleased with the Humax boxes I have now But they are just watching UK tv and I now find I am watching more and more French TV and would like to get the HD channels for better picture quality

Many thanks
    peter

| Fri 17 Aug 2012 16:59:48 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.