My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

can native file format be something other than .ts

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

podman

I have a HDR Fox t2 and have just been given a Panasonic blue ray with dlna. The blue ray will work with mkv and avi etc. I had hoped to use dlna to watch recordings from my humax in the way i can from my phone but l see from postings on the forums.ts is not always supported. Is there a way to change the native recording format of the pvr? so the pvr record in a more widely used format.

| Tue 10 Jan 2012 1:03:29 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

podman - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Is there a way to change the native recording format of the pvr? so the pvr record in a more widely used format.

No. Basically the box records the broadcast stream as received. Sometimes just changing the file extension can help but that is about the limit.

| Tue 10 Jan 2012 1:11:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

podman

Thanks Martin,

that is a shame because the files work on my pc etc.guess i'll be returning my new homeplugs then. I had hoped it would all be peachy guess i was hoping for too much.

| Tue 10 Jan 2012 1:17:48 #3 |
  4. rkm_hm

Watt Tyler

podman - 1 day ago  » 
    I have a HDR Fox t2 and have just been given a Panasonic blue ray with dlna. The blue ray will work with mkv and avi etc. I had hoped to use dlna to watch recordings from my humax in the way i can from my phone but l see from postings on the forums.ts is not always supported. Is there a way to change the native recording format of the pvr? so the pvr record in a more widely used format.

It depends on how much messing about you're prepared to do. As far as I know, you can't get the HDR to record in anything other than .ts - but if you FTP the files to a PC, you can convert them to a different format.

| Wed 11 Jan 2012 12:47:34 #4 |
  5. rkm_hm

Watt Tyler

podman - 1 day ago  » 
    that is a shame because the files work on my pc etc.guess i'll be returning my new homeplugs then. I had hoped it would all be peachy guess i was hoping for too much.

Having a network/internet connection to the HDR is still useful for watching things like BBCi player even if you can't do what you originally wanted to do.

| Wed 11 Jan 2012 12:49:48 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

podman

I returned the homeplugs and have gone back to watching via dnla and wifi on my mobile.

The restriction to .ts is the only restriction i have found with the box otherwise it's fantastic.

| Sat 18 Feb 2012 19:36:11 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.