My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Can only enter first 4 characters in postcode

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ianto 65

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I have a Foxsat HDR box that I bought in 2009. I recently bought a TV with built in Freesat and used the old box on a second TV. I have 2 LNBs on the dish so that each set had it's own feed. The system worked like a dream up to today when we noticed that ITV1 and ITV1 HD were not working on the Foxsat but were ok on the new TV. All other channels were good. I tried a factory reset but could not enter my full postcode Using either the handset or the on-screen keyboard, I could only enter the first 5 characters( this includes the space) I could carry on and do a retune but have got the London BBC and ITV channels instead of Wales. Also the two televisions now have a discernible difference in their timing. My first notion is that the box is beginning to show its age. Any ideas?

| Wed 9 Dec 2015 17:55:40 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Repeat but do not enter the space would be my first suggestion, the first 2 characters are validated, I think.

| Wed 9 Dec 2015 18:04:49 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ianto 65

I found the answer. The handset was jumping forwards and putting a space in between characters. Changed the handset and it worked. I've now got all the correct channels working including ITV Wales.

| Wed 9 Dec 2015 19:03:42 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.