My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Can the EPG link programmes across channels?

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jezzerisin

This may sound like a strange request, I have spoken to BT support, but they were useless.
    I watch Premiership Rugby.
    If I set "record" series on BT sport 1, I regularly miss matches in the Premiership on BT sport 2 and 3,
    When I notice I've forgotten to set recordings for all three channels, I finally get the season recording properly.
    In a few weeks, the season breaks for International matches, and The European Championships.
    I'll have to remember to set up all the European matches, over three channels, THEN reset up all the Premiership matches, when they restart, reset all the recordings for the second round of the European matches (Over three channels) the the premiership again...
    You get my issue!
    Is it not possible for Humax's software to be smart enough to see "Premiership Rugby" and set the recording for the whole season, on all channels. From a programming perspective, this must be simply a case of "tagging" of some sort, is it not?
    Even better, Couldn't I select "Rugby" and have it record me anything in that genre - I'd much rather delete things, than miss things..
    If I could check with Humax if this is available, I could then TELL BT how to programme their box! (Long shot, slim hope!)

| Sun 10 Sep 2017 12:23:54 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The broadcasters provide the series codes (CRIDs). Only they can control what content is considered to be part of a specific series. Basically they have two codes.

Series code - same for all episodes Programme - unique to a specific episode,

| Sun 10 Sep 2017 13:00:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jezzerisin

Thanks for the reply Graham, so BT could easily link these games together, over channels, and breaks for other competitions, if they were competent enough, or cared enough, is that right!?

| Mon 11 Sep 2017 12:40:51 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jezzerisin - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the reply Graham, so BT could easily link these games together, over channels, and breaks for other competitions, if they were competent enough, or cared enough, is that right!?

I have no idea if BT could do this. It's the broadcasters that provide the codes and part of it includes the broadcaster name. The BBC can and do cross link between there own programmes so you could in theory record series linked content across say BBC 1 and BBC 2.

The BBC also sometimes series link across multiple series of the same programme (eg The Father Brown Mysteries). Virgin have a way of series linking similar content across channels on there Tivo pvrs.

You could do similar on the Topfield SD pvrs using a TAP as well.

ITV sometimes series link films like the showing of all the old Bond movies.

| Mon 11 Sep 2017 12:53:31 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.